Chapter 1

48 Hours Earlier

         You know that feeling when someone is watching you and you get those chills on the back of your neck, well those are the feelings I'm  feeling right now as I'm heading home, I breathe in and see if I can catch a scent but nothing, if it was a wolf I would catch the scent immediately and humans have this distinct smel l of wood.

"I'm going crazy. It was a long day at work and now I'm feeling things, yup that is what it is" I keep  telling myself while I continue walking. Then out of the blue the feeling just disappears. Huh maybe I am just paranoid I think to myself.

When I finally reach my apartment building, I'm feeling anxious, I really need to let my wolf out she's been getting a little restless these last couple days.

" I don't think we are safe here anymore" my wolf Selena says

"What do you mean?"

"Someone has been in here, I can sense it."

Nothing seems out of the ordinary and I don't smell anything. I keep walking around my apartment on high alert checking everything too see if anything is out of place.

"Just keep your eyes open Athena" she cut me off after.

Umm ok that's weird, she doesn't talk much since the rejection, which I understand it's not everyday your mate rejects you for your twin, so hearing her talk makes me go on high alert again.  I look around the apartment again and see if anything is missing nothing seems out of place, I should know since I put certain things in certain places ever since that perv Mr. Jones came into my apartment and stole some of my underwear. Ugh it still gives me the creeps thinking about it. I shake my head trying to get those disturbing thoughts out while I finish checking over the whole place because you can never be sure, especially where I live.  Finally when I'm done I start getting ready for bed. 

Around 2 a.m I wake up startled someone is in the house I smell them and it's wolves.  I walk into the living room which is right outside the door and no one is out there but it still smells like wolves.

"What the hell?" I whisper to myself.  I go to turn on the lights when someone says my name.

"AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhh" I scream. This person is going to give me a heart attack at the age of 25 "Who are you? And what do you want?" I yell afterwards. I go to turn on the lights and right on my couch are two wolves and not just any two wolves but Paul and Dylan, my ex mates best friends other than my brothers and of course me once upon a time.

"How the hell did you guys find me?" I said shocked its the only logical thing to come to my mind I mean I haven't seen these guys in eight years. I have hidden my scent within the humans so the pack couldn't find me and now here they are sitting on my couch like we are old friends and about to catch up on life, the hell we are.

"Athena?" Paul said looking at me like he's seen a ghost, which is weird since they broke into my house and probably have been following me around for weeks. Now it makes sense why I had the feeling of being followed and the scent of wolves. I shake my head to clear my thoughts.

"I think you guys know it's me, so answer the damn question why are you here? And what do you want?" I growl.

"Actually those are two questions." Dylan said, I rolled my eyes and muttered still a smart ass I see.

"Honestly I don't care. Get out." I say.

I can hear Paul mutter under his breathe "I can't believe he was actually right and found her." He shakes his head before he continues. I don't even want to think about who the him is, but in my gut I already know who it is.

"I'm sorry but we can't." Paul continues saying.

"And why can't you?" I said.

"The alpha wants you to come back, he's says you have been gone for two long and your family needs you. Especially now." Paul said with a sad look on his face

I just looked at him like he was crazy, did he just say that the dick wanted me back? Then I did the most obvious thing to do in this situation I laughed and I fell on the floor laughing and rolling around, this is too funny I mean why does he want me back when he has everything he's ever wanted with my sister.

"Wow guys thank you for that laugh I mean I really needed that. I haven't laughed that hard in eight years." I said while patting Dylan on the back he just gave me a look like I'm crazy and smiled warily.

"So tell me why you are really here, Is it because you guys missed me?" I smiled up at them but when I looked at there faces I knew they were not joking they really want me to go back to they nightmare.

"No. Hell No. Nope. Not going. You can go right back out that door and tell the almighty dickhead to go fuck himself I'm not coming back, I severed ties with the pack a long time ago for a reason" while shaking my head so hard it might snap off.

"I'm sorry Athena you have to come back with us, Alpha orders." Dylan said

"He is not my alpha, hasn't been for the past eight years" I yelled throwing my hands up in the air. What don't they get, I don't care if he's the alpha he has no say in what I do! He's been lost to me as an alpha for eight years even longer as a friend.

"Look something happened and you need to come with us. We wouldn't come here unless we really needed too we know you left the pack and never wanted to see us again with the note that you left! It left things pretty clear for us but you need to come back." Dylan said while looking at Paul asking for him for some help. Good luck with that buddy. I am not going to make this easy.

Paul is just staring at me with pity in his eyes does he know what happened eight years ago?  I didn't tell anyone not even my brothers or parents so why is he staring at me with pity.  I refuse to go back to the pack. I can't go back. It would be heartbreaking to see them all again. To see him again.  I can't go through that pain again. No, I refuse to go through that pain again because I know this time I won't survive it.

"Still a no, apparently you guys didn't  read the letter very well I said I never wanted to go back or see the pack again because here both of you are twiddle dee and twiddle dum at his service." I growl at them.

"If you don't come back with us then we will have to force you to come and I really don't want to do that Athena." Paul said with frustration.

"I would like to see you try." I say narrowing my eyes at him, it's been a long time since I kicked some ass but by the way me and Selena are feeling, I think I can take these two assholes on, anything for me not go back.

Thats when they both came at me like the good pups they are and I did the only thing a girl would do in a situation like this I screamed so loud that I think I even broke my own ear drums, hoping that someone would hear me.

Seriously Athena! I think to myself you talk this big talk and the moment they get you all you do is scream, I internally roll my eyes, especially in this part of LA where people run away from screams.

Paul grabbed me from behind and covered my mouth and  I kicked and screamed like my life depended on it it, it kind of did at that moment, while Dylan kept trying to grab my arms and legs. Then Paul came down to my ear and whispered the words that would change my life forever.

"Your sister is dead"