LXXXVI - So Am I

Heyooooo. :D

So the song for this chapter is "Light A Fire" by Rachel Taylor. I think that this song fits the scene perfectly. Both Roseia and Elijah have gone through a lot, and this song would be like their way of telling each other that they will always be there. They will always protect each other, no matter what the cost. 

Wowzas. :') I like explaining things.

Okies. Well. I hope you like it. ^_^

"Baby, when it's cold outside,

I will keep you warm,

Save you from the storm."

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eighty-Six

I had stayed outside, watching the bonfire begin to fade out on it's own.

There was something that I found interesting about fire, it was hypnotising in a way. You could forget everything about your life that seems terrible while just watching the flames dance and the smoke rise into the sky.

When the fire was almost completely out, I poured a bucket of water on it to finish it off.

Rebekah and Klaus were likely in New Orleans by now. I could only hope that Kol and Davina were successful in their spells. Hayley had put Hope to bed, and was probably asleep by now. She was pretty tired at the end of the day, which wasn't all that surprising. She seemed a little overwhelmed, having just seen her daughter for the first time since the child was born. I wasn't sure where Elijah was, but I had a pretty good guess.

I went into the house, locking the door behind me. Even though there was a cloaking spell, that didn't mean that I wasn't still a little paranoid about Finn and Esther. Perhaps I would try and set up a self-forming boundary spell later on.

I walked down the hallway, stopping when I saw that the fire was lit in the study. I stopped and looked in the room to see Elijah sitting on the couch, his eyes locked on the book he was holding. It took me a moment to realize that his hands were gripping the book tightly, and he wasn't actually reading the words. He was staring down at his hands.

"Elijah?" He didn't respond to that, so I spoke again. "Elijah, are you alright?"

He blinked, then looked up at me. He nodded slowly, then looked back at the book. He sighed and closed it, then placed it onto the coffee table.

"What did she do to you?" I whispered before I could stop the words from leaving my mouth. I regretted it instantly. "I'm sorry, I-"

"No, no," Elijah said, shaking his head. "It's alright. You deserve to know," he told me. He licked his lips, then gestured his hand to the spot on the couch beside him.

I came and sat down beside him, close enough so that we were sitting together, but far away enough so that he didn't have to touch me. It seemed that he was having difficulty with that lately. I had seen it the night that we had awoken him, when he didn't want me to touch his face and held my hand like I was going to shatter beneath his fingertips.

"Esther," he sighed. "She brought memories to light. Memories that had long since been buried."

"What kind of memories?" I asked him, once again saying it before I could stop the words.