fourteen

"Good morning Taylor!" Michael smiled at me as I walked into work Friday morning with my coffee in my hand.

"Good morning Michael!" I smiled back just as enthusiastically. "I'm so glad it's Friday."

"Me too," he picked up a donut from the table and grabbed a cup for coffee. "I have a special date planned for Julie tonight, she's going to love it."

"I'm so happy to hear that you guys are doing so great," I said, taking a donut for myself just because it was Friday and I felt like treating myself. "I'll see you around."

"Have a great Friday!" he waved as I walked down the hall to my office.

The day flew by, and before I knew it I was walking home with Luke after Starbucks and getting ready to meet up with Ashton and Calum.

Luke told me that they'd made plans to meet up for dinner before heading to a club downtown so I'd informed Ashton of the news as soon as I could. He was getting a bit more friendly on Thursday at Starbucks, but I was getting more comfortable around him the more time we spent together.

Ashton was sweet, but he was just so hard to read. I couldn't place exactly how I felt about him yet, although I knew my feelings weren't negative. There was really nothing negative about him, he was just a little pushy sometimes was all. And even then, he just wanted to get to know me better. I'm just not the best at opening up, and I certainly didn't want to.

I searched my closet for something to wear, and I decided on a short black fitted dress that had a sheer ring around the waist. I had bought this dress a few weeks before knowing that I'd eventually have an occasion to wear it.

Deciding that wearing tights would take away from the look of the dress, I ran a little water in the bath to quickly shave my legs before getting out. I put lotion on my legs before touching up my curls from the day and adding a little more makeup.

I walked out to see Luke sitting on the couch in the living room tying his shoes. He glanced up at me and then stop tying his shoes to look at me again, this time looking at me up and down.

"Don't be so obvious, Luke," I rolled my eyes.

"Well Ashton is surely going to enjoy the sight," he smirked at me before tying his shoes again.

"Is it too much? Should I go change? I don't wanna give the wrong idea--"

"You look great Taylor," Luke interrupted me. "You're not gonna give anyone the wrong idea, and if anyone tries anything on you I'll make sure they know they're not allowed to do that."

"Okay," I took a deep breath, grabbing my jacket and pulling it on.

"Are you ready to go?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Let's go have some fun," he smiled, opening the door and walking with me into the hallway.

-

"Damn Taylor, you look stunning," Calum complimented me as we walked into Applebee's and met him in the waiting area.

"Thank you," I felt my cheeks heat as I sat down and Luke smiled a hello to Calum as well.

"Is Ashton not here yet?" Calum asked.

"I guess not, he didn't come with us," I said.

Just as I said it, my phone made a ding noise and I checked it to see a text. *Be there soon, traffic is slow.*

"He's on his way, he's stuck in traffic," I explained, locking my phone and slipping it back into my purse.

"Table for 4 please," Luke said to the hostess. "One more is on his way."