Chapter 6 - Stolen Kiss

Robin

An incessant pounding coming from the end of the hallway dragged me out of my sleep the next morning. It hadn't completely registered to me, that I'd spent the night in bed with my brother's girlfriend until I glanced down and saw my fingers still tangled in her hair.

Ashley shifted slightly in my arms, mumbling before her breathing deepened again. I had never witnessed anything more adorable than her sleeping before. The pounding started again, causing me to groan. I shifted Ashley slightly and crawled out from beneath her, tiptoeing out of the bedroom.

I ran a hand through my dark hair, clearing my throat before I opened the front door.

"Hey Ashl—"

I stood face to face with the tall blonde that I'd met just last night, one of Ashley's friends.

"Alex right?" I stretched my hand and she shook it, staring at me sceptically.

Then, I realized exactly why she was staring at me like that. I was standing in boxer briefs and a bra, with a pretty outstanding wedgie on top of that.

"Um..." it was pretty awkward now. "I'll get Ashley for you," I motioned for her to come in, as if I owned the place. Jesus Christ. I scampered away quickly down the hall, only to run into Ashley. She was still wearing my costume shirt, with nothing underneath it.

The longer I stared at her, the louder my heart started beating. We were standing in the hallway, both half-naked just starting at each other. My eyes glanced down at her plush lips, then I'd remembered she had a visitor.

"Oh uh, Alex is here."

She raised a brow, "By herself?"

I nodded, walking past her. I searched around the room for my discarded clothing, frowning slightly. I don't know what had overcome me last night or us for that matter. It's not like I don't usually fuck around with women who claim they're in a relationship, but not all of them were dating my brother.

"Did Alex see you like that?" she asked.

I nodded again, not really finding the words anymore. I just wanted to get the fuck out of this place before things got any messier. I grabbed my pants and pulled them on, idly fixing my hair in the mirror.

"Do you have a shirt I could borrow? You look really comfortable in that one."

Jesus Christ, I did it again. I was unconsciously flirting with her, and the tension was strangling me by the second. Ashley shuffled around in her drawers and tossed me the black t-shirt I'd lent her weeks ago. I pushed my arms through the sleeves and inhaled deeply, it even smelled like her.

"I—I gotta get going."

She stared at me longingly, "Sorry about last night."

Why was she apologizing? Is it because she didn't mean for it to happen? Would she regret everything now that she was sober? I wanted to ask her all these things but I couldn't make the words come out. Quickly, I exited the room, dashing past Alex and leaving the house.

I glanced around, remembering that I'd driven Ashley's car here last night.

"Fuck."

I slid the smartphone out of my pocket and ordered an uber, there was one 8 minutes away. So I'd have to stand awkwardly in Ashley's driveway until it got here. I fingered a cigarette from my pocket, lighting it.

I took a deep draw, sighing. It's been a few days since I'd actually smoked one of these, since the day Ashley and I kissed in the elevator to be exact. So it wasn't like I was addicted, it was just a bad habit. Somehow Ashley had managed to turn me into an anxious little girl again, and I didn't like it.