29 Sleep disturbance

Yuna lay in her futon. How could anybody sleep like this? A real bed was much more comfortable. She could almost feel the ground beneath her. If she could feel anything at all. The girl folded the futon and lay down on top of it. Still hard.

"This can't be true."

She sat up and looked out the window. The Oni-fog prevented a clear view of the stars. The high school student stood up and turned her TV on. She zapped through the channels, but was not able to find a reasonable program. She sighed deeply and turned the machine off again, then she sat down at her table.

"I should have bought paper and pencils."

She ran her finger over the tabletop, and drew an image in her mind. A face. A man. When she came to the hair, she paused. Who did she want to draw?

Yuna closed her eye in order to imagine the picture in her mind better. The eyes were red. Tirr. She couldn't allow herself to forget what he looked like. As if she ever could.

Tirr bared his teeth and grinned cheerfully. He enjoyed torturing her.

Yuna looked at the scene from a different angle. She looked at herself. As her fingers clawed into his hand. Her right eye gouged. Her left wide open in panic and pain. Her mouth was open, because she was screaming with all her might.

Was she still the same girl? What did she have in common with this weakling?

"I hate you.", she said to the girl. "If you had done anything, they could still be alive." No. It was not her fault. What 15-year-old could have done anything in a situation like this?

"You could have done something. No matter what. You could have shot Tirr, or poison him, or stab him." In anger, she clenched her fists.

"DO SOMETHING!" Yuna wrapped her hands around the neck of her old self. She began to choke the girl. "Defend yourself, damn it!" The other stared at her in horror.

"That's interesting.", noted Tirr behind her.

"Get lost!"

Tirr laughed. "A little bit crazy, if you kill yourself, right?"

"You messed up, you freak!"

"Hard words."

Yuna let her old self go. The girl fell to the ground and lay there trembling. The blue-haired turned around to face Tirr. The look in her eye would have chased away any normal being in fear of death.

"I will find you, and kill you.", she growled.

"I'm looking forward to it."

"I swear!"

"Like I care."

There was a knock. Yuna was brought back to reality. She was still sitting at her table. What was that? There was another knock at her door. Right now, she had not the slightest desire to talk to someone. It knocked once again.

"Yuna-chan. I heard the TV. Please open the door." What did Wataru want from her? The girl stared at the door. "I'm coming in now." The door opened a crack, and the young man peered inside. Yuna looked at him from the table. "May I come in?"