My World Is You (Barton/Stark x reader)

The beginning of a relationship is always the magical part; late night walks under the stars, new restaurants, and dates at a moment's notice. Every day is filled with romantic experiences, however small or large, and seeing each other as the greatest joy in your life. Falling in love can be fast and surprising, or it can take time, but either way, in the beginning, it has a feeling that you cling to and try to keep alive every day.

But then life gets in the way; little arguments can become bigger. The stress of daily life takes its toll and the romance becomes less of a priority. It doesn't mean that the love isn't there, it just isn't as vibrant as it once was. That is were you and Clint had been for the past few years. You loved the man with all your heart, but there just wasn't time for dates or time alone anymore. He was an Avenger, off saving the world with his team, and you would never think of asking him to set that aside. However, you also had a six-year-old daughter named Natalie, and all of your time was devoted to her.

"Mama, what time is daddy coming home?" The little girl looked up at you with eyes shining like her father's, her curls bouncing with every hop in her step as she excitedly danced around you.

"Sweetheart, like I've said about three hundred times, he'll be here any minute now."

She ran to the window, anxious for Clint's arrival from his mission, pressing her little hands against the glass, her nose nearly touching it as she looked back and forth along the busy city street. Her excitement reached its peak when she finally saw him, running to the door and opening it just as he reached for the handle.

"Hey, baby!" He knelt down in front of her and pulled her into a tight hug, "oh, I've missed you!"

"Did you win, daddy?"

Clint's laugh shook in his chest and resonated through the room, shaking both him and your daughter, "of course we won! We always win, don't we?" He pulled back to grab something from his bag, looking at her with his own excitement. "Hey, we were in Japan, so I got you something...something...aha, here it is!"

"Mama, look!" She held up a small samurai doll for you to inspect, holding it delicately in front of you but not willing to allow you to hold it. "I'm gonna go find a spot in my room for it!" As she ran to her room, Clint stood to finally greet you, pulling you into a hug and a kiss on your cheek. It was far from the greetings that you used to receive, but you had become accustomed to these now and didn't argue.

"So, what did my girls do while I was gone?"

You took his bag from the floor, sighing as he flopped down on the couch, turning on the television before you could answer. "Just the usual; worked on homework, cleaned the house a bit, stuff like that." Clint's phone rang just then, and the familiar tone heard so many times before filled the room.

"Really? But I just got...okay, yes...how long...fine, give me an hour. Then why did you ask? I'll be there in twenty."

With a huff he threw his phone back into his pocket, glancing at you with a look of frustration. He stood cautiously, expecting you to be upset that he was leaving as soon as he had returned. "So, that was Cap..."

"I got that," you smiled faintly. "Ringtone."

"Right." Just then your girl came running back into the room but stopped short when she saw Clint grabbing his bag and standing by the door. "Oh, honey, I'm sorry but daddy has to go again, but this time it will be really short, I promise." His heart melted when he saw the tears begin to well up in her eyes and her chin began to quiver. He moved quickly to pick her up into a hug, squeezing her tightly as he felt his own tears begin.

"Baby, he'll be back soon. Daddy's job just happens whenever they need him, remember?" Your chest ached as you watched them, both sad and crying now. "Did Steve say how long?"