What's Gotten Into Your Head? (Pietro Maximoff x reader)

The city is flying. We're fighting an army of robots. And I have a bow and arrow, none of this makes sense.

Well, that gave you no more insight into what was happening in your city than you had before. You saw the man with Wanda Maximoff, but you weren't sure if she was on their side or not, so you moved along, doing your best to hold your own against the robots that had taken over. He was the first of the Avengers that you had seen in person, and you really weren't in any hurry to find any of the others.

The faceless robots were coming from everywhere all at once and it was draining your powers to keep them away. Your telekinesis was strong, but not without its limits; with each robot that you pushed away or threw to the side, two more would appear. It was time to find a place to hide and regroup, but that was when you heard the call to run for rescue boats.

"(Y/N), what are you still doing here? Get to one of the boats! We can handle this!" Pietro yelled to you as you ran to his side, keeping your eyes open for sign of attack.

"I thought you could maybe use some help," you grunted, forcing several robots back to shatter against a wall. "You know, you guys make it hard for me to protect my city with all of these tin men floating around. I'm just one person, remember?"

"That's not fair, (Y/N), you chose that life. You're the one who likes the danger, so this should be all fun and games for you, no?"

"No." You glanced to your side to see a group of Avengers completing the round-up of citizens and ready to depart. "We best get over there if we want to catch our ride."

Pietro grabbed your arm and was about to pick you up to run when he stopped and looked to his right, seeing one of his teammates about to be showered with bullets from above. He glanced back at you and ran. "Pietro, stop!" you hollered behind him, and raised your hands to stop the ammunition from hitting them. You held that position as long as you could, waiting until each one of them had cleared away before letting go.

You could feel yourself almost completely drained as you dropped to the ground, gasping to catch your breath. The muscles in your arms were shaking and tightening, making you wince in pain with each movement. You looked up just in time to see one of Pietro's teammates coming towards you; it was the same one that you had seen with Wanda. Before he could reach you, you forced yourself up and ran to one of the rescue boats to hide yourself away until you were safe.

~~~

"(Y/N). Her name is (Y/N). She came aboard just moments before we left," Pietro said anxiously, searching everywhere for you on the helicarrier that he had access to. "Are you certain that there's no one here by that name?"

"I'm sorry, sir. I don't have anyone on the list."

"Hey, Maximoff, you find her?" Clint asked, stepping up to his side and grabbing the tablet away from the agent before he could argue. "We're sure she made it out, right?"

Pietro rested his hands on his hips, sighing in defeat as he looked around the room. You had always been a master at hiding yourself if you didn't want to be seen, and he was beginning to give up hope of finding you at all. "I'm sure. She just doesn't want us to find her, that's all. So we won't."

~~~

Once the team had returned to the tower, Steve was anxious to gather them together to talk about the battle, and to discuss how to move the team forward. It had been traumatic enough, and they were still unable to locate Bruce. The Captain had been talking for nearly an hour, but Pietro had heard none of it, his mind still on how he was going to find you.

"Pietro?"

"Hey, Maximoff?"

"Can someone give him a slap on the back of the head?" Steve was getting more and more annoyed with each attempt to get Pietro's attention. He picked up a pen from the table and threw it, striking the Sokovian on his chest, finally gaining his focus on the task at hand.