Seal of Approval (Scott Lang/Sam Wilson x reader)

Scott grabbed your hand, trying to quell the tremor caused by your raging nerves. The two of you had talked about this moment several times and thought it was finally time, but now you were having second thoughts.

"Hey, you're gonna be great, trust me."

You nodded silently, smiling weakly at the house in front of you, rather than at him. The nervous energy in your stomach was growing more uncomfortable and a lump built in your throat as your emotions began to swell. "I don't know, Scott. Maybe this isn't such a great idea. Maybe it's too soon."

"If you don't go in there willingly, I'm just gonna have to throw you over my shoulder and haul you in there myself." He stepped in front of you and put his hands on your waist, forcing you to make eye contact. "(Y/N), why are you so scared? I've never seen you scared of anything. You're an Avenger, right? I mean, I assumed that's what your suit was for, but maybe you're just into really weird role play or something..."

"Not appropriate."

"Let's. Go."

Before you could take another step closer to the house, the front door flew open to reveal your fear. Moving quickly towards you, you knew there was no escape now; you were spotted. Eye contact was made. You were marked.

"Daaaaaaaaad!"

Scott knelt down to grab Cassie in a hug, standing to spin her around until they were both dizzy and laughing at the sensation. He really was great with her; it was clear that she was everything to him, and it was important for you to meet her and for her to approve. When they finally stopped spinning, he set her down to greet you.

Cassie was still laughing as she walked towards you, but her balance was thrown off and her gait was sloppy. She tripped over her own feet, landing soundly on her bottom. "Daddy, spin (Y/N) next!"

He glanced at you with a smirk and a wink that she couldn't see. "Don't worry, honey. I'll give her a spin later."

"Stop it!" you mouthed silently. Your eyes widened when she approached you, and the shaking returned to your hands. Kneeling down to face her, you held out your hand to introduce yourself. "Hi Cassie, I'm glad I get to finally meet you."

She suddenly charged at you, full speed. You opened your arms to catch her, and the force of her impact knocked you back onto the ground. Scott was no help, laughing at the sight of you being tackled by a child, when he has seen you fight and win against assailants twice his size.

"Daddy told me that he likes you a lot. Are you going to be my second mommy?"

Now his laughter stopped. You caught the change in his stature at her words, and now you were the one laughing at him. "Well, sweetheart, we haven't talked about that, but if we do, you will be the first one to know, I promise." You stood and lifted her to her feet, wiping the grass and dirt from your clothes.

Cassie smiled at you, happy that she would be the first person you would tell such a big thing to. "Daddy, can we get ice cream now?" Apparently, meeting you was done to her liking, and now it was time for the really important business.

"I don't know, honey, it's really close to dinner time. I think we should probably wait."

"Come on, kid," you grabbed her hand and led her to your car, smiling back at Scott as you walked away, "it's on me. Us girls gotta stick together, especially for something as important as ice cream."

~~~

"So I'll see you next weekend, right?"

"Yep, it's about time you come to me for a change."