Nice Try (Avengers/Loki x reader)

"(Y/N), I swear to god, I am going to kill you."

"I've heard that before, and I'm still here," you laughed, tears running down your face as you ran down the hall away from Natasha's room.

Tony was preparing his second pot of coffee in the kitchen, sighing and shaking his head as he heard the commotion on the level above. Bruce chuckled quietly and wondered to himself what glorious prank you had concocted this time, knowing that Halloween was when your skills at pranking your teammates could really shine.

"You know, the ultimate prank might actually be when Nat kills her," Steve mumbled, still not awake enough for so much racket. "I might just help her with that."

"You're just pissed because she got you yesterday."

Steve leaned forward on the table and held his head in his hands, groaning as he remembered the day before. "But why spiders? She knows that I hate spiders."

You ran into the kitchen, grabbing Tony and spinning him around to use him as a shield, guarding you from the raging assassin that followed, and was holding what appeared to be a head in her hand. "Hey, Romanoff, we aren't supposed to bring work home, remember?" Tony snickered as he glanced back over his shoulder at you.

"Funny, Stark," she huffed, her pajamas disheveled and her hair messed and hanging in her face. "But I'm gonna guess that you'll respond about the same when you wake up to a severed head on the pillow next to you."

"Nah," he scoffed, "I've actually woken up to worse."

~~~

"Your Miss Romanoff must be a challenge to trick, is she not?" Loki asked.

"Sure, but it's worth it. It just takes a little research, timing, and dedication to the craft," you smirked.

The only time you could meet with your unlikely friend was when the team was out on a mission that didn't require you, since they were sure to not like your choice in companions. After the battle of New York, no matter how many times he tried to find exoneration, they would always hold him in a negative regard.

Once the group had finally left, you had grabbed a beer from the bar and made your way to the roof, knowing he would already be there and waiting for you. It was quickly becoming the highlight of many of your days to see him. The two of you had a fast rapport and became close friends; something he was in desperate need of after everything that had happened there.

"I'm impressed, (Y/N), you definitely have tenacity and a bit of bravery to risk death all in the name of a joke."

"I'm even more brave to be hanging out with you, I think. Your brother wouldn't like it too much, I imagine. He's oddly protective of me, and I think he has an idea that we've been spending time together."

He sat quietly for a moment, his eyes beginning to look sad and introspective, "am I really such a threat that he would worry? Am I a threat to you, (Y/N)?"

"No," you replied quickly, "if you were, why would I be sitting on the roof of one of the tallest buildings in the city with you? I think that maybe everyone needs to see that once and for all."

Loki laughed and looked at you with a mischievous grin, "then perhaps this 'Halloween' that you talk so much of should be our greatest collaboration, my dear. I'm a fan of trickery myself, if you hadn't noticed."

"Believe me, Loki" you huffed, "we've all noticed." You leaned back against the wall and took a long drink of your beer, pausing to look at him when you felt his stare. "Okay, so what do you have in mind, my favorite troublemaker? I'm in."