Chapter Ten:Under The Willow Tree

I woke up still in the tree, hoping that it was all a dream. I look down and there is a walker trying to get to me. I hold in my scream, so I didn't attract more. I was so scared.

"Hey Mason Jar." I heard someone call me. There was only one person who called me that.

"Daddy?" There was Daddy in his business clothes, it was dirty. He smiled at me. He was near the Walker but the Walker didn't notice him.

"Hey baby girl, listen you need to get rid of the biter okay?"

"How Daddy?" I cried.

"Shh Shh I will help you sweetie. See that small branch next to you?" I looked next to me. It was a skinny branch that could be a stick. "Now break it off the tree." I grab the branch and move it up and down until it breaks. The snap made the walker mad.

"I got it Daddy."

"Good Girl, now use the pointy end and hit the biter in the head." I froze and then took a deep breath. I hit the walker but it didn't do anything.

"Daddy it didn't work!!"

"Stab it in the head Mason." He said sternly. I gripped the stick tight and stabbed it in the head. It fell to the ground. I smiled and looked at Daddy.

"I did it!"

"You sure did, come down now." I climbed down and ran to Daddy. "Keep on surving sweetie okay, you do that for me?" I nodded and he disappeared.

"Daddy?" I whimpered. No awnser. "Daddy!!" I cried. I heard a moan from behind me. A walker fell on top of me. I screamed. 

Stab it in the head Mason

I heard my dad tell me. I grab the stick but couldn't move it cause the walker was on top. I kick him in the chest, but my foot goes right through it. It was gross. I move the stick and stab him. He falls on top of me. I had walker guts all over me and blood on my face. I push him off and I start walking. I walked and walked till I found a field with a church. I ran to the church. Mama use to take m to church with Grandma and Grandpa on Christmas and Easter. The church was small and white. I open the doors and there were walkers in there. I needed to get inside.

"Hey Baby Girl." I look and its uncle Randall. "Wanna know a trick?" I nodded. He bends down to my level. "Bang on the door and keep it open just a little so you can get them one at a time." I open the door just a crack. The walkers look fancy.

"Hey Buttface!" I yell, thinking of what Daryl would say. They all look at me and come for me. I hold the door but it is heavy. Uncle Randall and Daddy come over and help me hold it. I take the stick and stab them in the head, sometimes in the eye. The juice would come out and it was gross. Finally they stopped coming. I opened the door. There was a big cross with a man hanging form it. I look around and there are boxes with blankets in them. I was still really cold. I took a blanket and put it on a bech and made a bed. I lay down and close my eyes.

DING DING DING DING

The church was making noises. I got scared. I grabbed my stuff and ran to the Willow tree. I climbed it and hid. I knew walkers would come to the noise. 

"It's on a timer!" I heard someone yell. I knew the voice. I look and Glenn and Daryl are outside the Church.

"Sophia! Mason!" Daryl yells. I climb down the tree, but slip and fall. I see everyone facing me with their weapon.

"Daryl?" I ask. He lowers his crossbow and runs and picks me up. He holds me tightly. I hug him back and put my head in the crook of his neck. "I always keep my promises." Daryl chuckles and walks me over to the group.

"Look who I found." He chuckled. Lots of gasps and chuckles came. Daryl put me down.

"Did you find Sophia?" I ask, everyone looks down giving me my awnser.

"Mason, where did you go? I told you to wait there." Rick asked as he kneeled to my level.

"A walker came and scared Sophia so she ran and I followed. The walker followed us and I fell. I got away but Sophia left me behind....." It was quiet.

"Why are you covered in blood?" Lori asks with concern. I point to the walkers.

"You did that?" 

"With my stick." I said while smiling. I was proud I could take care of myself.

"Hey Mason, we found someone while looking for you." Carl said and handed me Ika.

"Ika!!!" I grabbed her and hugged her. I missed her so much. "Thank you Carl!!!" I hugged him making everyone go awww.