four

A/N: OKAY I SAW THIS PICTURE & THOUGHT IT WAS PERFECT FOR THIS CHAPTER OMG JUST PICTURE LUKE'S FACE EXACTLY LIKE THIS I'M DYING

- A

Every bone in Luke's body felt alive, like he'd just been lit on fire in the best possible way.

The way his limbs were tingling wasn't particularly a comfortable sensation, but it sure as hell was exhilarating.

Luke knew he was caught up in a daydream, a fantasy. She was a fantasy. But she was his fantasy.

And he loved every minute of it.

He was such a daze that when Anna walked away from him, he didn't realize it at first. Still reveling in the moment before, he unknowingly spared himself the hopeless "wait, where are you going?" questioning that drove every girl even further away.

Now he just stood alone, hopelessly staring after a girl who disappeared faster than lightening.

He might've been clueless as hell, but he did know that girls were fucking confusing.

One minute Anna was with Luke, laughing and joking like she'd known him for years. The next minute she was running off in a hurry for some unknown reason.

He didn't understand girls (that already was clear), but it was more than that.

Luke didn't understand her, and that was the most perplexing.

But, somehow, he felt like he did. Maybe it was all the interviews he'd watched or the pictures he'd seen of her.

Or maybe it was something else.

Either way, he knew something was wrong. He just didn't know what.

Why else would Anna run away so fast? Was Luke really that unbearable? Or was there something else going on?

Out of the corner of his eye, Luke saw a brunette figure, roughly Anna's height, headed towards the staircase. Anna? Or was that Eva? It was one of the two, that was certain.

He didn't intend to get involved, but somehow Luke's long legs dragged him out of the ballroom. Now away from the dance floor, his blue eyes scanned the hall. He couldn't see Anna anymore, but something inspired him to continue his search anyways.

Near the staircase, Luke recognized reporters from radio stations, gossip blogs, and famous tabloid writers. They were all atwitter about something, but he didn't understand why until he saw who was at the center.

No, not Anna.

Drew Roggenburk.

Luke knew all about famous movie-star/Hollywood 'heartthrob' Drew Roggenburk. They'd met a couple times at awards shows and such--and, in fact, Luke hated Drew. It wasn't anything personal; they just happened to like the same girl.

And one of them (not Luke) had more luck with her than the other.

The time of "Drewanna" was around the time 5 Seconds of Summer first began to take off, touring nationwide. This was the time when people started to recognize Luke and the rest of 5 Seconds of Summer in the streets, thanks to touring with Hot Chelle Rae and getting ready to tour with One Direction. It was the famous beginning of 5 Seconds of Summer, and the rest is history.

But also, the time of "Drewanna" was around the time Luke's obsession with Anna got slightly stalkerish. Slightly.

Anna and Luke were both seventeen at the time; Drew was eighteen. Luke, from reading all the tabloids, knew the whole "Drewanna" story:  how he met Anna, how long they dated for, how they broke up.