Chapter Thirty One

"Damian!" I whine, eyes starting to form tears. It was annoying for me. I cried a lot lately and it was bugging me at how much I cried. Five months of pregnancy and I was ready to just get this baby out of me. I wanted to get back to normal emotions and also be able to hold our baby but also definitely be able to have normal emotions.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" Hm, yes, good point. Why was I crying? Even I don't know! This is making me so angry now. Damian comes and sits on the couch beside me, pulling me into a hug. My tears and anger disappear and I started to feel sleepy. "Baby, tell me what's wrong."

"I don't know," I murmur, letting out a sigh.

"Is it mood swings again?" Yeah, I had a lot of mood swings recently. Sometimes there was just too much to count.

"Probably. Please don't go." I snuggled closer to him and held onto him tightly. On of his arms were around me whereas his other free hand was resting on my stomach.

"I'm not going anywhere." It was kind of difficult to hug him properly now that my bump was getting bigger. It was getting bigger and bigger by the day and it was frustratingly wonderful. It was frustrating because it was limiting the things I could do which meant Damian had to do a lot for me. Then again, it was wonderful because our little baby was in there and growing. "We actually have to go somewhere, we have a scan today."

"Oh yeah, we do."

"Come on, let's get you changed." He stands up and helps me to my feet. I waddle to our room with Damian holding my hand. Once we got in the room, he sat me down on the bed and proceeded to get some clothes out for me.

I huffed, "I can get my own clothes, you know?" I was still able to move around and able to get my own clothes but Damian acted as if I was a fragile doll. I appreciated his much he helped me but I still wanted to be able to do my own thing.

"I want to be helpful," he stated, holding up some leggings and an over-sized T-shirt. He handed them to me and I went ahead getting undressed. He pulled out some green fluffy socks and helped me put them on, after I put my leggings and underwear on. He helped me put on my bra and chuckled to himself, "I'm better at taking this off than putting it on, you know?" I replied to him with a laugh as the then helped me into the T-shirt.

We soon left for the hospital and when we arrived, we only had to wait for about ten minutes before being called. "The babies are looking very healthy." The nurse says. I look to Damian, smiling. Instead of him smiling back, he looked as pale as a ghost with a shocked expression on his face.

"Damian?" I call out, trying to get his attention.

"Hang on, babies? Plural?" My eyes widen in realisation. The nurse said babies. We were having more than one baby. The nurse looked at us and laughed.

"You haven't been told you're having twins?" No!

"When were we suppose to know?" he asks her and she tells us we were suppose to know months ago at any time around our six week scan. She explained how sometimes you wouldn't know until the eight week scan but how she had never had a case where we weren't told at all.

"Well, now you know you're having more than one baby. You're having twins and they are very healthy and growing how they should. Congratulations, you two. Now, you're at the stage where I can tell you the gender of your babies. Would you like to know?" she asks, still smiling at us. I still can't believe we are having twins.

"Why don't we keep it a surprise? I mean, they're due for around Christmas time. It's like they're our little gift and gifts are usually surprises," I suggest, loving how my train of thought went. Damian agrees with me and the nurse tells us she will be right back. I pull my shirt down and get off of the bed. "Twins, we're having twins." I had been wondering why I was so massive. Jake always said that mum wasn't as big as I was when she was having me and so I just thought it was because I was more along in the pregnancy than I actually was. I guess I was wrong. The nurse comes back and hands us a few photos of our babies. Babies, two of them.