Ch. 20: Five Against The World

~I never thought I'd see the day, when we honestly could say, we stand five against the world, and the doors are open~

Kiyomi's POV

Aoi and I had a stare down, neither of us moving an inch. The sounds of Sasuke and Lee's fight faded into the background, as we were only concentrating on each other. Nothing else.

Then it came. A single twitch was my only warning as Aoi moved, disappearing from his spot and reappearing in front of me. His hand was outstretched, as if to punch me.

My eyes widened, and I jumped backwards, trying to avoid the blow. I mostly got away, but was clipped in the jaw by his fast swing.

Aoi didn't give up, and kept coming at me with relentless attacks. Every one I dodged, some by a lot, some by no more than a hairsbreadth. This guy was faster than I had expected, and I could barely keep up. He didn't seem this fast upon my first impression!

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Lee kicking the crap out of Sasuke, but I couldn't stop and watch. Why did I think this fight would be a good idea?

Aoi briefly stopped his attack, and we both watched Sasuke and Lee's match. I could see that Sasuke had activated his Sharingan (Wait, when did he get that?!), but Lee was still faster. If the Sharingan can't read it... Then...

I looked curiously at Aoi, and if sensing my thought he nodded. "Correct. Lee's moves are only taijutsu. He is unable to use nin- or genjutsu."

"That's some dedication he's got there..." I muttered. Even limited by his lack of chakra, Lee was still better than the boy that was called the best rookie. "It's very admirable."

"Yes." Aoi looked proud. "I strive to become like Lee. His dedication is awe-inspiring!"

I looked at the other boy. "... Because of your eye, right?"

Aoi nodded. "My family looked down on me for being born half-blind, and repeatedly told me I would never amount to a good shinobi. I will prove them wrong!" he hissed, clenching his fist.

I nodded calmly. "Well, your taijutsu is better than mine," I admitted aloud. 'Currently.' I thought to myself. My taijutsu improved drastically if I activated Yasei, and I think I could beat him if I used it.

Suddenly a pinwheel came flying out of nowhere, and struck Lee's bandages, which were unwrapping. I frowned, wondering where it'd come from, until a tortoise appeared in a puff of smoke,

'What...?'

'A summoning,' Fenrir said. 'And not a very common on at that.'

'Whose is it?' I wondered, observing the animal. It was mostly red, but had golden designs around it's shell.

'No idea,' Fenrir shrugged. 'But we're most likely about to find out.'

Naruto was asking Sakura if animals could be senseis, making me wonder about Naruto's mental state. Guess he couldn't tell the animal was a summoning.

'You couldn't either,' Fenrir reminded me.

'Right...' I sweat-dropped.

"Then here comes Gai-sensei!" the turtle boomed. I figure his summoner will be appearing now. I wonder who it is...

A man who looked like an older version of Lee, complete with the same haircut, clothes, and headband belt, plus a flak jacket. And the eyebrows....

I have seen Lee's future, and I am scared.

Gai appeared on top of the turtle's shell in a strange pose, and yelled something I could barely understand. My entire team had horrified expressions, even Sasuke, who never had an expression on his face.