Chapter 13: News

"My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it."

― Meredith T. Taylor

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow ...

.......................................................

Athena Yvonne Pallos' POV (Unedited)

"Calm down, babe." I walk closer to my furious husband to calm him down. He slammed the newspaper on his study table, maddeningly.

We were welcomed this morning with the news of Nicolai and Elle dating. 

According to the Athens Celebrity Magazine, the two seen walking out at a restaurant hand in hand, and a source says that the two were seen kissing inside his car. We wanted to think it was all a lie and made up story, unfortunately, the front page prove the story were true. A blurred picture boasting of the two intimately kissing inside the car were posted at the very front page of the very well known magazine in Athens.

When and how it happened, we both don't know.

"Why?" he grit out. Anger radiates off him as he spits out the word. "I can't let this happen!" He threw the magazine viciously to the wall in frustrations and disappointment.

"Please Demi, let's hear their side first before we make a drastic move. This arranged marriage is already wrong but it was done. Let's just not screw things further." I stared at him intently trying to make him see sense. When the two agreed on this things, Addy and I was really furious, but they made their point and we thought why not. But now, I see it was a big mistake.

"This is not happening," he sighed defeatedly as he plopped down on his chair. He looks distraught as he clenched his fist. His jaw's muscles flexed- anger vivid in his face. Yet his eyes shows another emotions- apprehensive.

I walked to him and stood behind his swivel chair and let my hands rested on both shoulders. He lifted his hands and let it rested on top of mine. That tingles still surges in my veins whenever our skin touch and it never age. It never dwindled, yet it grows stronger as much as our love.

"I think you need to talk to the kids, Demi. What if the two truly love each other?" I ask. I just hope Vicky doesn't love Nicolai. It's going to devastate her if that happens.

"The reason why we agreed and Nick to this arranged marriage because they are both stubborn and hard-headed. Maybe they will learn to tame each other." Demi explains softly as he stared in oblivion. I leaned my chin on his head and curled my hands around him from behind. "You know Elle has a rheumatic heart and she can't afford to get really hurt. She has to stay away from stress and Nicolai is a stress." He points out and I know he's right. Nicolai brought too much headache to Addy, though they love him so much. They blamed themselves and the Petropoulis grandparents for spoiling him, but it was too late. "I don't want to see her again in that hospital bed with cords all over her body." Demi ranted softly and exhaustedly. I could feel that pain my husband is carrying. Even though the doctor said that she's fine. Still, that incident still haunts us like plague.

Ellle was born with a rheumatic heart. The doctor advises us not to stress her out, that's why we made sure that we give all our attention to her that sometimes it hurts to see me that Victoria is seeing it in a different way and growing rebellious.

I know she thought we love Elle more than we love her, because as they grew up, we always get on Elle's side. You know, kids can't avoid to bicker until they hurt each other from time to time. So most of the time, Victoria ended to get all the blame since we don't want to upset Elle.