Chapter Sixy-Four.

"Get back in the car, Lillie."

I rolled my eyes and continued to browse through the rack of magazines. Nothing particularly grabbing my attention but anything to waste time from getting back into that roasting car was worth it. It's been nearly three months since I left Mystic Falls and with each day that passes I feel myself getting closer to crumbling. It physically hurt to be away from everyone and not know if they were okay or how angry they were with me. I could only imagine what Damon would be like. He must be furious. And on top of my thoughts revolving around my friends and family I was stuck in a car with Klaus and Stefan. Stefan wasn't too bad except for the fact that since that night at Alaric's apartment with Klaus he hasn't spoken to me. He barely even glances in my direction. He'd rather sit in the front next to Klaus than with me in the back. I felt like their little pet with the way Klaus pushes me around and Stefan lets him. It's worse than being left alone.

"I won't ask you again."

"You're not asking." I mumbled. I grabbed a random magazine and flicking through the pages.

"Don't push me." Klaus warned. He snatched the magazine from my hands and tossed to the side before grabbing my arm roughly.

"Let go of me!" I tried to pull myself from him but he just ignored all attempts to escape.

"If you just listened to me, I wouldn't have to manhandle you." He said. He dragged me out of the shop, completely disregarding everyone watching. I was tempted to shout out 'help' just to see if anyone would attempt to save me. But I didn't want their blood to be on my hands, because there was no doubt in my mind that Klaus wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone who came near us. In this moment all they'd have to do was make eye-contact and he'd kill them -he's in a foul mood.

He flung me into the car door. "Don't make me force you to get in."

Stefan was standing on the other side of the car, filling it with gas and once again, not even looking at me.

"Fuck you both." I hissed, ripping the door open and then slamming it behind me. I think Stefan not talking to me was effecting me the most, because at the moment he was all I had left. The only thing I had to hold onto if I was to survive Klaus but he's turned his back on me. And I hate it.

I watched Klaus walk around the car talking to Stefan -who seemed really interested in the gas hose, he barely even spared him a glance. It was moments like that that I would kill to have enhanced hearing- to know what they were talking about would not only be awesome but totally convenient considering they seem to enjoy leaving me out the loop. So far on this stupid trip all the information i've gotten and been told I could have put together myself. Klaus is hell bent on creating his own superior race and hasn't -as of yet- had any success in locating any werewolves. That actually surprised me. He seemed so well prepared for the sacrifice, I would have only assumed that he would have had his eye on werewolves before that. Hell, I would have. It would have saved him a lot of time. And mine and Stefan's time. Maybe we wouldn't have had to tag along if he was already prepared. Oh, who am I kidding? Just hopeful thinking. But apart from him hunting down werewolves he's been very keen on enlightening me of their vampirism. I've witnessed more murders this month alone than I'm willing to admit or even talk about. The worse thing is, is that Klaus has purposely been killing every single person I talk to. Even if it's a polite 'excuse me.' I've learnt to keep my mouth shut when we're outside of the car. I already have too much blood on my hands, I don't think that I could handle anymore.

Stefan's hand suddenly slammed down on the hood of the car and I jumped in both surprise and fright. Stefan had rounded on Klaus. His face fierce with anger. But through the windshield Klaus was just smirking. I knew what that smirk meant. Over the month he'd been throwing comments at Stefan -random things, but hurtful. He's been pushing his buttons. I could only presume that he was figuring out what sets him off. What his limit was. And I think he just found it.