Never Be Alone

"Hey, Caroline. Haven't heard from you. I'm starting to think you're just using me for random, hot make out sessions—which I'm not entirely opposed to, but uh, give me a call." Stefan stated into the phone and I rolled my eyes before Damon stopped the car and we all looked at the heretic that stood in the road, blocking us.. Dressed in all black. "Can I help you?" Stefan asked, getting out as did Damon and I before we looked at him carefully, watching as he just stared back at us.

"It's okay. I speak mute. Just communicate what you want with a series of grunts." I stated in annoyance, rolling my eyes before we were on our knees, groaning in pain as a high frequency tone rang through the air around us.

"You'll have to excuse Beau. He's not in the mood for glib jokes—None of us are, actually." Lily said emotionlessly, coming out from behind their car with the other heretics and I slowly got up groaning before I pushed back towards them, returning their power with my own and I watched as they all kneeled in pain in front of me. Except, instead of five heretics, there were four.

"I thought we had a deal." Lily said angrily grunting and I sighed regaining strength as Stefan stood up.

"We do—Otherwise, I would be at home. Not patrolling the streets to make sure humans stay out of your minions fangs." I stated in annoyance and dropped my hand, watching them all sigh in relief.

"We found Malcolm in the town square last night. His heart removed." Lily pointed out, standing up and Stefan and I looked at each other with furrowed brows. "You didn't know.." Lily added in realization as she eyed us.

"We didn't know because we didn't do it." I reassured, shaking my head in condolence.

"I'm not here to blame you, Mariana." Lily stated and I eyed her carefully, waiting for the catch. "I came so you'd understand I did what we had to do." She added and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"And what did you do?" Stefan asked warningly as I narrowed my eyes at her and the heretics that stood behind her.
~~~

I sighed putting Freya in her cradle before I turned around looking at Stefan and Damon. "Just so we're clear, I'm taking the master bedroom. Carol and I had a little thing. I think she'd want me to have it." Damon stated nodding and I rolled my eyes.

"Let's open some windows, too." I added, some hat ignoring Damon. "Reeks of dog in here, which is impressive considering, Tyler has been with Jeremy for months." I stated shaking my head at the smell.

"You killed him. Didn't you?" Stefan asked eyeing Damon in annoyance before he scoffed.

"Tyler? No. Jeremy, not yet, but are we really bringing that up now?" Damon countered and I rolled my eyes at his ignorance.

"The heretic, Damon. His name was Malcom, by the way.. Lily came by earlier." I pointed out, crossing my arms over my chest.

"She found him in town square without a heart, Damon." Stefan added and I rose an eyebrow at him, watching his expression.

"Oh, did she want that back? I think I packed it somewhere.." Damon replied putting on a worried expression before smirking at us.

"You know Lily and I had a deal." Stefan stated angrily towards his brother who rolled his eyes.

"A bad deal." Damon clarified and I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.

"She took Caroline, Damon." I added shrugging at him and wondering if he would even care at this point.

"What?" Damon asked in a serious tone, furrowing his eyebrows at me before turning towards Stefan.

"To retaliate for breaking our bad deal, she took Caroline." Stefan added shaking his head and Damon stood there confused.