Innocent

'Dear Elena,

Not to give you the bad news first but, there's a serious drought of good news.. Lily is hiding your casket somewhere. She promised to keep you safe as long as Damon stays out of Mystic but we both know how well that'll go..' I started writing before my phone started ringing and I rose my eyebrow at it.

"Hello?" I answered it questioningly and still looking over the page I was writing in.

"Hey, did I wake you?" Bonnie asked from the other side of the line and I closed my journal.

"No, what's up? How are you?" I asked and Stefan looked over at me from where he sat near the couch.

"I'm fine. I just figured I haven't seen you in a few weeks so I thought I'd ask you to come to Ric's with me. I have to talk to him about something and well, Damon's there. So I get it if you don't want to." Bonnie replied and I rolled my eyes and I looked at Stefan before I gestured towards Freya and he nodded in agreement.

"I'll meet you there." I stated with a small smile before hanging up.
~~~~

Bonnie and I walked into Alaric's apartment seeing him sitting in a chair in the living room as Damon stood in front of him, in nothing but a towel. "Hi, Bon Bon. Ari." Damon nodded smirking at us as we walked in and I rose my eyebrow at the scene.

"Please tell me I'm not interrupting something." I said looking between Ric and Damon curiously as Bonnie hung up her purse. I walked over to Alaric who rolled his eyes at my question before I kissed him on the head and squeezed his shoulder gently.

"Oh, you didn't. What's up?" Ric asked sighing somewhat at us before raising his eyebrow.

"That Phoenix stone that I touched yesterday—You did destroy it, right?" Bonnie asked eyeing him and I rose my eyebrow. "Like you promised me?" She added narrowing her eyes carefully.

"Why, what happened?" Ric asked and I folded my arms over my chest eyeing both of them confused.

"I just had another vision. A flash of horrified people with x-shaped wounds on their skin and when I opened my eyes, ten minutes had passed." Bonnie pointed out, tilting her head at Ric as Damon and I shared a look.

"The stone's gone. I, you know—watched it dissolve in hydroelectric acid." Ric countered, clearing his throat.

"You're positive?" Bonnie asked as she rose her eyebrow in uncertainty.

"Bonnie, the stone's gone." Ric stated reassuringly as he shrugged at her.

"Who wants to go to Myrtle beach?" Damon asked changing the subject quickly and I rose my eyebrow at him.

"I'm busy." Ric stated and I rolled my eyes.

"Well, that's too bad because Lily made a bunch of phone calls that bounced of a few cell towers there—and something tells me she's not planning her spring break." Damon countered, smirking and I shrugged back at him.

"I'm free." I pointed out and Damon rose an eyebrow at me.

"Why would Lily send one of her heretics to Myrtle beach?" Bonnie asked, furrowing her eyebrows and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Tell you what, you ask him yourself when he's safe in my car trunk. Hmm?" Damon asked raising an eyebrow back at her. "So-" he started snapping in amusement at all of us. "Anyone up for an old fashioned hostage swap?" He added, shaking his eyebrows at us and I rolled my eyes.

"Does agreeing to go mean you putting on pants?" Alaric countered and Damon smirked before he ripped off the towel before Bonnie and Alaric both looked away quickly but it's nothing that I haven't seen before.