"raincheck"

early update bc i felt bad for not actually updating on here yesterday lmao

27 | "raincheck"

"So, I have a car that I can't drive?" I huff sarcastically, before rolling my eyes and throwing myself down at the kitchen table. With a frown on my face, I reach forward for my leftover birthday cake, and wait for my mom to answer me back.

"That's not what I said, Annie. You can drive it, but you have to go to the DMV and take your test first." My mom tiredly sighs, and tightens her robe around her waist, "And no chocolate cake in the morning, you'll get a tummy ache. Eat something else."

"Mom, I'm seventeen now. I'm pretty sure I can handle," holding my fingers up, I make air quotations; mocking her, "a tummy ache."

She looks at me, shakes her head, and gives up; turning back around to finish her cup of coffee. "You know what, you're right? I don't care, it's your body. Do whatever you want with it."

It's quite early, and we're the only ones up. The wedding's coming closer and closer everyday and my for some strange, weird reason my mom is acting more chill and free minded with me than usual. Unfortunately, it was only a certain amount of time before her obsessiveness and intolerably demands to have everything go her way would kick through.

I frowned through a mouthful of cake, "Hey mom, you're not gonna become like a bridezilla or anything right?"

Looking back at me, she shakes her head with a smile, "I hope not Annie. But if my attempts at getting people to respect my wishes don't work, then I might."

"Well, you better warn Andrew. He looks like the type to crack under pressure." Licking my thumb free of chocolate frosting, I cut another slice and stand up, "I'm taking this up, you're good?"

She nods, her eyes on my mine over the rim of her coffee cup, "Yeah, I'm gonna go watch TV in the living room."

"Cool," Turning around, I take the stairs two at a time, and head to my room. Only, as I'm opening my door knob, my bracelet slides down my wrist and I pause to stare at it. The three charms tinkle as the collide with each other, and I sigh.

Last night, I stayed up all analyzing the charm bracelet over and over again, trying to make sense out of the whole thing. Luke practically ignored me the entire day, but even after everything he still managed to give me my present.

I sighed. I should probably go talk to him.

Taking a few steps back, I pushed open Luke's door and peered in, my eyes meeting a pair of startled blue eyes. He's standing in front of his bed, fully dressed, stuffing things into a large black backpack.

"Oh, um, sorry. I didn't know you were up." I stutter.

Luke blinks, and then he goes back to his bag, "Well I am, so what do you need?"

Stepping inside, I close the door behind me and lean back against it. I'm still holding my cake, and I hold it out to him, "Do you want some?"

He glances up, "Uh, I'll pass. It's seven in the morning, it's way too early to be eating cake right now."

I nod and then sigh, before walking over to his bed and taking a seat. Placing my plate on his dresser, I turn back to him and hold up my arm. "This is from you?"