Chapter 5

Your POV

"So, Envy, where to next?"

"I don't have any more orders. So, we can do whatever and go wherever we want." I leaned against a nearby wall and thought.

"I saw a forest before we entered the city or town. We could go for a walk."

"Tch. Fine." We walked out of town and into the forest. The trees grew tall and broad. Their leaves were a deep, light green and the springy grass was slightly wet with raindrop dew. There was a patch of flowers growing in one clearing and I ran up to it. The were all different colors of the rainbow and many different shades of each color. I picked a violet one that matched the color of Envy's eyes. I got up and handed it to him.

"Tch."

"Oh, just keep it!" I smiled at him and we walked further into the forest. Soon, we found a pond and I squealed.

"Ow, my ear!" Envy complained, but I was already hurrying to the family of ducks sitting in the pond. There was a mama duck and four baby ducks. I picked one up and petted it. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Envy look at them. I walked over to him and place the baby duck in his hands. He looked surprised.

Envy's POV

I expected the duck to cower in fear, because unlike humans, animals could sense my true form. However the duck snuggled itself into my hands.

(Y/n) came over to me with another duck in her hands. We sat down and the other two ducks and their mother came over. I saw (y/n) smile as the ducks climbed over her. The one in my hands quacked at me and I went to put it down. Then it climbed onto (y/n)'s lap and another duck came over to me.

"Hehehe. They like you, Envy." The way she said my name set my heart on fire. I wanted her to say my name and no one else. The ducks quaked at each other and they all left. We stood up and began walking away.

"So cute!" (Y/n) was still gushing over the baby animals and I blushed. Dammit, I'm not supposed to blush. She giggled and I pinned her to a nearby tree. She kept laughing and didn't notice how close I was.

Your POV

We weren't very far from the pond and I was pinned to a tree, laughing my head off. I didn't realize how close Envy had gotten, until I felt his breath on my lips.

"Envy?"

"You.....you drive me crazy." Envy was this close to kissing me, when he hissed in pain. I looked down and saw a baby duck bitting his foot. I started laughing as the duck quacked at Envy and left. He backed away, blushing.

"Tch. Let's go back."

"Okay!" I smiled and followed him.

~Time Skip to a few minutes later~

"Why are we going on the train again?"

"Because, I'm taking you somewhere."

"But, the train's so uncomfortable. I don't like it."

"Then you can sleep on me then." As soon as he realized what he had said, he blushed.

"Y-yea o-okay." Omg! Envy likes me. Like, like likes me. What am I gonna do?! Do I like him that way? Yes, wait. I need to think this through. What if I'm interpreting this wrong? What if he doesn't really like me that way? Idiot! Why would he try to kiss you if he doesn't like you that way? Ugh! Love is complicated. Wait, love? I was mentally freaking out and didn't notice I was walking right onto the path of an oncoming car.

"Idiot!" Envy pulled me back into his chest and I blushed. "You could have got yourself killed! Watch where you're going!" He hugged me and I blushed even brighter.

"Sorry! You can let me go now." He growled and released me. Then he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the train.

"If you think I'm letting you try and die again, think again!" I heard him mumble something, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"I'm sorry. Envy, I....... never mind." He looked back at me in confusion, blushed, and looked away.

Once we were seated on the train, I yawned. Then, I remembered what Envy had said earlier. I laid my head on his lap, stretched my legs out, and fell asleep.

Envy's POV

Ngh. What is she doing?

~Flashback~

"But, the train's so uncomfortable. I don't like it."

"Then you can sleep on me then."

~end~

She took me seriously?!? Don't panic, don't panic, don't panic! She mumbled something and I blushed. No, no, no, no, no, no, and no. Calm down. She's just a human. A very, kind, adorable, cute, smart, human. Idiot! Stop it!

"Envy." She mumbled in her sleep.

Ngh. No no no. Suddenly, her eyes shot open and she bolted up.

"Envy!"

"Here!" I shouted, surprised. "Here, right here." She whipped around and hugged me. I felt something wet on my neck and realized she was crying.

"It was awful. You were dying and I couldn't do anything to help."

"Idiot. You know I can't die very easily." She only hugged me tighter.

"I know." She fell asleep and I grew even more confused. She always falls asleep after crying. I shifted her so she was more comfortable and leaned my head on hers. Why? Why do you make me feel this way?