VIII- Storm

"How long are we going to be stuck here?" Indianna wondered, looking up at Greyson who shrugged.

"Your guess is as good as mine," he said and she ran her fingers through her hair.

"It's been two hours," she muttered and Greyson furrowed his eyebrows at her.
"Sugar, are you alright, you look like you're going to be-"

"Sick," Indianna gulped and jumped up from the floor. She ran into the girls bathroom that were luckily opposite them and rushed into a stall.

"Indianna, you alright?" Greyson called as she puked into the toilet.
"I'm fine," she grumbled. "Just leave me alone."
"You're not fine," he said and opened the stall door. He held her hair back from her face and she puked again.
"Then why did you ask," she muttered. "Please, I don't want you to see me puking."
"Just shut up and let me help you, Indianna," Greyson said and she puked one more time before sitting back on her heels. "Is that it?"
"I bloody hope so," she sighed and grabbed some tissue and wiped her mouth with it.
"Here." Greyson held his hand out to help Indianna off the floor. She narrowed her eyes, but took his hand and he pulled her up. "When the storm ends, we're getting you something to eat."
"I've just been sick, I don't want anything to eat."
"Trust me, Indie, you'll feel better after you've eaten."
"Whatever," she muttered and leaned back against the wall. "I just want to go to sleep, I'm tired."
"Let's go back outside," Greyson suggested and placed his hand on the small of Indianna's back. Her lead her back to where they were sitting and when she sat down, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.
On Greyson's shoulder. 

*
"Greyson."
"Hello, Brooklyn."
"Greyson, she's ill isn't she?"
"Yes."
"Is it...?"
"Yes."
"Is she...?"
"Yes."
"But she's-"
"Only 16, I know."
"She's your-"
"Don't say anything, she's waking up."
Indianna stirred and her eyes fluttered open. She yawned and narrowed her eyes when she realised she was leaning on Greyson's shoulder. She quickly sat up and looked at Brook who was sitting opposite them.
"Hi Indianna, are you feeling any better?" Brooke asked and Indianna shrugged.
"Not really," she mumbled and looked at the time on her phone. Two hours had passed while she was asleep. "Is the storm still going on?"
"Yeah," Brooke nodded. "But I heard the teachers saying that it should be over soon."
"Good."
"Do you want me to get you anything?"
"Yes, actually. I do," Indianna nodded.
"What?"
"Answers." Indianna looked at Brooke, then to Greyson. "I heard you two talking. You both know something about me that I don't, I'm pretty sure all your friends do too. So, tell me."
"Indianna, this is getting very repetitive," Greyson sighed. "I'm not telling you anything. Neither is Brooklyn."
"Indianna, sweetie," Brooke said softly and placed her hand on Indianna's arm. "I'm sorry."
"Whatever," Indianna muttered and looked at Greyson. "I'm going."
"Where?" He asked as she stood up.
"Away from you," she said and chucked his jacket at him. "Just leave me alone."
"Sugar-"
"Don't fucking call me that," she hissed and grabbed her bag from the floor, but Greyson caught her arm.
"Indianna-"
"Just, leave me," Indianna muttered and Greyson smirked.
"Just because you're not near me doesn't mean I can't talk to you," he said. *You can't get away from me.*
"Greyson!" She exclaimed and closed her eyes. "Please," she whispered. "I've had enough of you! Just give me some fucking peace!"
Greyson narrowed his eyes at Indianna, but let go of her arm and nodded. "Okay," he said and Indianna span round and walked off.
"Greyson-"
"Leave it, Brooklyn. I'm not telling her."
"Why?"
"The time isn't right."
"Greyson, by the time it is right, she's going to hate you."
*
"What is this place, your safe haven?" Indianna looked up from her book when Cassie sat next to her. "You're in here a lot."
"I guess it's something like that," Indianna mumbled and looked around the library. She liked it. She liked the peace.
"What are you reading?"
Indianna held up her book and Cassie shook her head.
"Oh God, I hate that book. It's so boring!"
"I quite like it. I like the way how it's written in Scout's point of view. Everything is so simple from a child's perspective."
"But it's a horrible story, Tom Robinson dies in the end so the whole book is pointless."
"It's not pointless. The story is about human morality. What Atticus does for Tom Robinson may not approved by the town members, but it's the right thing to do. Tom is innocent and deserves a fair trial, it shouldn't matter about the colour of his skin. He represents a mockingbird. Mockingbirds are innocent. It's a sin To Kill A Mockingbird."
"And I never realised how nerdy you were." Greyson sat down opposite Indianna and Cassie and linked his fingers together on the table. Indianna groaned and stood up, but Greyson grabbed her hand. He looked at Cassie and rose his eyebrows. "Fuck off, freak."
"Greyson!" Indianna hissed. "Don't say that!"
"Leave, now!" Greyson demanded and Cassie rushed off.
"I told you to leave me alone!" Indianna groaned.
"No, I'm staying."

"Why?"
"Because I want too."
"Why are you interested in me?" She mumbled and buried her face in her hands. "I'm nothing special!"
"That's why I'm interested in you," he shrugged, placing his fingers under her chin and tilting her head up to look at him. "You don't know how special you are."
"Can you ever give me a straight answer or do you enjoy giving answers that create more questions?" Indianna asked, pulling away from Greyson.
"I like to keep things interesting," he shrugged.
"For Godsake," Indianna sighed.
"I'm not leaving so we might as well talk," Greyson suggested.
Indianna closed her eyes and refused to talk to him, she didn't want to have a conversation with Greyson unless he was providing her with answers. 
"Sugar, talk to me. It's rude."
Indianna looked at Greyson and arched an eyebrow at him. He gritted his teeth and shook his head, a small chuckle escaping his lips.
"The storm is dying down," he said. "The teachers are sending everyone home early to repair the damage that the storm made to the school."
Indianna stayed silent.
*You can't ignore me, sugar,* Greyson said, smirking when Indianna jumped in surprise.
"ALL STUDENTS MAY LEAVE THE SCHOOL PREMISES. THE STORM HAS NOW ENDED, ALL STUDENTS MAY GO HOME. THANK YOU." The loud announcement over the school speakers made Indianna jump again and Greyson chuckled. Indianna stood up from the desk and grabbed her bag, walking out of the library.
She followed the rush of students down the stairs and out into the school car park. She didn't want to call her mum to pick her up; she headed for the school gates so she could walk home.
She had to jump over a fallen tree to get out of the gate and as she set off, it started to rain. Indianna sighed and dug her hands into her pockets. She kept her head down as she walked, so she didn't see the car pull up beside her, but she heard the familiar voice.
"Get in," Greyson called, opening the car window. Indianna looked at him and narrowed her eyes. "Indie, you're ill and it's raining, you're going to feel worse if you walk home in this state."
"I'm fine," Indianna muttered and carried on walking.
*Sugar, I'm trying to be nice.*
*I wasn't aware you were capable of being nice.*
*Funny,* he muttered. "Indianna, get in the goddamn car." Greyson suddenly turned so the car was across the pavement, blocking Indianna's path. "Please."
She pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes at Greyson, but sighed and got in the car, slamming the door behind her hard.
"Watch the car," he muttered.
"My bad," Indianna said sarcastically and ran her fingers through her damp hair.
"Tonight you're coming out with me," Greyson said as he reversed the car and set off down the road.
"No I'm not."
"You're going to want to."
"I highly doubt it."
"I'll will answer some of your questions."
"Really?"
Greyson turned to look at Indianna and pursed his lips. "Some."
*
"Don't I get a thank you?" Greyson called, rolling the window down and calling after Indianna when he dropped her home.
"No."
He chuckled and shook his head. "I'll pick you up tonight, be ready."
Indianna opened her door and walked in, not looking behind at Greyson.
"Indianna, I thought you were still at school," Indianna's mother said, walking up to Indianna.
"They cancelled it because of the storm," Indianna shrugged and walked past her mother and into the kitchen.
"There was a car outside, who was it?"
"Do you really care?"
"Of course I do, I'm your mother!" She gasped.
"It was Greyson Evans," Indianna shrugged and her mother tensed.
"I want you to stay away from that boy, Indianna."
"So do I," Indianna muttered. "It's not going very well."
"Tell him to leave you alone."
"I'll keep that in mind."
"Indianna-"
"How do you know him?" Indianna wondered, pouring herself a glass of water.
"I don't know him personally. I know of him."
"How?"
"Stories travel," her mother said mysteriously.
"Across continents?" Indianna said disbelievingly.
"He's dangerous, Indianna."
"I'm going to my room," Indianna sighed and made her way upstairs. She laid down on her bed and groaned. It was on 2pm he had five hours until she had to see Greyson again.
*