Chapter 28: Unpleasantville Part III

"What?"

Holly had been playing a game on her phone when she heard Damon mouth something towards her. She had been at the school dance for over an hour already and she was already regretting coming.

Caroline and Bonnie had left early to go to the Grill so that they could go to their respective crushes, Elena actually had a date, and Damon her fake date was too busy flirting with everything that was female.

And still the vampire stalker had refused to show.

"Would you like to dance?" Damon said in an exaggerated bow.

Holly felt her face grow red. If there was a spell that would made her a decent dancer, believe her she would be the first to know about it. Besides most of the fifties dance music was fast and require a lot of foot movement. "Oh, thanks, but I'm not really-"

"Oh, come on," Damon pulled her forward into the dance stage and started twirling her around at rapid speed until Holly felt that she was riding a nonstop Ferris wheel.

"Ok, that was cool," Holly admitted once Damon stopped twirling her around like a maniac. The music had changed into a slow song, one Holly was comfortable with. "So what were you doing in the fifties?"

"Why so curious?"

"Well as my fake date I think I'm entitle to know what you were up too," Holly placed her hand on his shoulder. "I doubt it was drinking milkshakes and listening to Elvis."

"Elvis was never my favorite." Damon mused. "And I did drink a lot of specific milkshakes."

It took Holly a minute to realize that he was talking about blood. She laughed. "I know you preying on innocent people is far from funny, but-"

"But you can't help but laugh as you think about my wonderful naughty fifties self." Damon smirked. "Understandable."

Holly rolled her eyes. "I think I can bend my morals once for tonight, since we're dating apparently."

"Apparently." Damon said as he looked at her pink dress. "You would have love the fifties, Holly."

"Was it like Grease?"

"Yep, lot of gangs though and segregation."

Holly smiled.

"That's not really supposed to bring you joy."

"No," Holly shook her head. "That's not it. I was just thinking that it must be nice to be a vampire, I mean it's one of the perks at least. Living though every era, traveling the world. Not worrying about anything else. It must be wonderful."

"What are you doing here?" the vampire Noah said as he saw Anna walking down the corridor.

"Trying to get the Gilbert journal and sticking to the plan something you're not doing, but Jeremy won't give it up." She sighed. "Leave the girls alone, they have the Salvatore brothers on their side and one of them is a witch. It's not good to mess with them."

"They look like Katherine."

"Katherine is in the tomb." Anna pointed out.

"True." Noah pulled up his hoodie. "But until they open the tomb, I'll have them to play with. I'm not scared of a stupid witch nor of the Salvatore brothers."

Elena and Stefan were dancing and giggling, feeling almost confident that whoever had attacked Holly was not going to make an appearance tonight. Elena's smile fell as she saw a black hoodie by the desserts' table. "Stefan." She whispered. "He's here."

"Get Damon and Holly," Stefan urged. "I'll get him."

Elena nodded as she started moving over the crowds trying to search for Holly or Damon. Where were they? Elena's cell phone started ringing as she took it out. "Hello?"

"Hello, Elena." Noah's voice rang out. "Since Holly is a little preoccupied at the moment, lucky you you get to play with me. There's an exit door behind you. You have five seconds."

"No."

"Or your brother dies." Elena's eyes traveled towards Jeremy who was by the DJ. There was a man with black hoddie next to him. "I'll snap his neck so fast his head will spin."

"Of all the idiot plans, Stefan how could you have fallen for that? It was obvious that he wanted you to leave Elena alone." Damon said through gritted teeth as he clutched the stake that he was carrying.

"Playing the blame game is not going to help anyone Damon." Holly said, her eyes searching.

They heard a scream coming from the school cafeteria. "Elena!" Stefan bolted through the cafeteria doors with Damon and Holly following behind him. They saw Noah almost sinking his fangs into Elena's neck.

"Chromate." Holly yelled as Noah was pinned to the wall unable to get off. Holly looked at Damon. "As long as I have my hand up, he can get off the wall."

"Perfect," Damon smirked ignoring Stefan as he helped Elena up. "What do you want with Elena and Holly?"

Noah grunted. "They look like Katherine."

"You knew Katherine?"

"You didn't think you were the only ones did you?"

Damon swiped the stake down Noah's leg. "How do I open the tomb?"

Noah refused to answer and Stefan stabbed the stake deeper into his leg. "The grimore-the grimore the location is in John Gilbert's grimore."

"Perfect." Damon said. "Who else is working with you?"

Noah smirked. "Go to hell, I'm not going to tell you, you're going to have to kill me."

Stefan and Damon exchanged looks. "All right." Stefan sunk the stake inside Noah's chest.

"No!" Elena screamed as Holly put down her hand. Noah's gray body fell to the floor.

"He had to die, Elena." Stefan said. "He was invited in, we couldn't risk him hurting you or Holly again."

Holly turned around slightly when she saw the cafeteria door close. She saw the figure of the history teacher. "Damon, Mr. Saltzman-"

"I'll go deal with him, compel him if necessary." Damon threw the car keys towards Holly. "Take Elena home."

"More tea?" Holly said back at the Gilbert residence, holding the tea kettle. She couldn't believe how normal she felt.

Stefan and Elena shook their heads.

Stefan leaned back into his chair. "Listen, I made a deal with Damon," Elena raised an eyebrow. "I told him I would help get Katherine back, but I lied. I let him believe that he could trust me. Letting Katherine out, not to mention all of the tomb vampires would be dangerous."

Holly felt an ounce of pity towards Damon. "Stefan-"

"I don't want to be his enemy, Holly but I can't let him do it." Stefan said firmly. "And I'm telling you this because I know how persuasive he can be and I know that you and Damon have bonded Holly. But I need you two to help me, whatever it takes."

Holly didn't speak for a moment, she had wanted to let Katherine out of gratefulness to Damon because he had worried about her when she found out that she was a witch and he had made her feel better after she had murdered Vicki. But she couldn't risk letting twenty seven extra vampire out that might kill her friends and family.

"Holly." Elena prompted.

"All right," she said. "I'll do it."