Chapter 1.2 (The new first-years)

(Kristen Stewart as Nova Veronique Highland.)

I chose this picture specifically for Nova because there's something about Kristen's eyes here that I just...I don't know...It's weird but I kind of imagine Nova's eyes to not be completely...straight...in line...I don't know how to call it. Nova's eyes are also slightly darker than Kristen's but everytime I tried to change that it looked weird so...

♡♡♡♡

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain. -unknown

The Hogwarts Express
Somewhere, Great Britain
September 1 1991

Nox really is the cutest cat I've ever seen." Hermione squealed.

The girls saw him skip into an open compartment and ran after him. Nox was meowing at something under one of the benches. "Sorry that we just barge in like this." Artemis apologised with a prize-winning smile. "We are looking for a toad."

"There is one under the bench. It has been there for a while so we thought it was an uneaten Chocolate Frog from last year. You have to admit it's a rather brown toad." A girl with straight, shoulder-length red hair, smiled sheepishly and she ducked to retrieve the slimy animal and handed it to Neville. "Trevor!" He breathed, relieve clearly seen on his round, slightly red face. Giselle, however, looked at the toad in slight disgust, scrunching her nose up.

"I'm Victoria Dunbar but please...call me Tori." The girl smiled. She had light, very noticable multi-coloured eyes. Close to the pupils, she had yellow and golden flecks, then a light green and it sort of ended in a blueish grey. She was also incredibly freckled, especially on the left side of her face, where, just next to her nose, a whole bunch of freckles were placed close together making a tiny part of her pale skin almost black.

"Nice to meet you. These are Hermione Granger, Neville and Giselle Longbottom and I'm Artemis Lupin. Are you a first year too?" She asked, sitting next to Victoria on the bench.

"Yeah, we all are. This is Hannah Abbott," She pointed at a pink-faced girl with long, blonde pigtails. "And Nova Highland." A girl with thin, pin-straight, dark brown hair smiled. Through her hair you could see the top of her ears. She was even taller than Artemis and had an olive complexion. Her eyes were a dark forest-green at the sides and a mix of gold and emerald in the middle. "Hey, Mia."

"Hello, Nova. I thought you would be sitting with Pansy. Where is she?"

"With Draco, Crabbe, Goyle and Zabini."

"Okay, then why are you not with them?"

Nova shrugged. "I wanted to meet new people. It's pretty obvious the others are going to get sorted into Slytherin but I'm not so sure yet."

Artemis had never really liked Nova. She was just one of Draco's friends. Everyone knew Nova had a crush on Draco but he didn't like her at all. She followed him everywhere and even managed to kiss him during one of their many sleepovers. (Draco's face was hilarious.) Narcissa thought it was good for them to associate with other important pureblooded children which is why Artemis and Nova spend way more time together than either girl wanted.

It wouldn't have been all that bad if Nova had been the only one with a crush on Draco. Unfortunately, so did Pansy and she was a lot less subtle about it. Draco once had to lock himself up his bathroom for three hours to avoid Pansy. Artemis didn't know exactly what had happened that day but it had something to do with Pansy's first kiss with...

"Nice to meet you all." Hermione interrupted Artemis's train of thought.

"So what House do you want to get sorted into?" Hannah asked them.