Chapter 31: Fool Me Once Part I

Elena groggily woke up, feeling as if she had just been slapped. She had no idea what had happened, one minute she had been getting a blanket for Holly and the next minute she was here.

She overlooked her surroundings, definitely a motel room. Her eyes froze when she saw Ben, the bartender. Ben had been Matt's idol and Holly said hello to him occasionally during work, but why would he kidnap her?

Elena didn't want to find out. She bit her lip and quietly walked towards the door. The door was creaking open when Ben slammed his hand on it. "I wouldn't."

Elena gasped.

Ben tried to compel her. "Don't move. Don't try to escape."

"I understand."

Ben turned around and headed towards the minifridge, once his back was turned Elena hurried towards the door, only to be pushed back by Anna towards the bed.

"Seriously?" Anna snapped.

"I told her not to move, I did that eye thing you taught me."

"You forgot about the lesson on vervain. She dates a vampire, Ben." She pulled Elena up and dragged her towards the bathroom.

"Who are you?" Elena screamed. "What do you want?"

"Does it matter?" Anna pushed her inside and locked the door behind her. Once in the bathroom, Elena looked around and gasped when she saw an unconscious Bonnie in the bathtub.

She rushed towards her. "Bonnie!"

"Who the hell is Anna?" Holly hissed as she and Stefan walked towards the Salvatore mansion early the next morning. After her sister had been taken away Stefan had searched every inch of Mystic Falls trying to find her while Holly had stayed home nursing a headache and telling her Aunt Jenna that Elena had left because Bonnie had an emergency.

Now it was the next morning and they still hadn't found her sister and Holly was growing worried.

"A girl we used to know back in Mystic Falls," was Stefan's swift reply. "She's here, she has been the one dating your brother Jeremy."

"Great, figures." Holly mumbled. "Everything goes past from under my very nose. But why would Anna want with Elena? She doesn't even know her."

"I don't know." Stefan looked at her. "Have you tried the locator spell again?"

Holly nodded. "Still nothing. I've tried twice."

"Terrific." Stefan mumbled. "Something must be blocking it."

"And why are we here again?"

"To ask Damon, he knows something about Anna, I'm sure of it."

"Stefan." Holly gave an exasperated sigh. "He won't help us."

"I know." Stefan agreed. "But it's worth the try."

Both of them entered the house and saw Damon reading from Emily's grimore. Damon didn't bother to look up. "Well, well if it isn't my lying brother and the lying witch. Do both of you have a death wish?"

Stefan ignored him. "We think Anna took Elena."

"Yes, I got that from your 600 voice mails." Damon looked at Holly and smirked. "Sorry about your sister, I'll be sure to send flowers to the funeral."

Holly's jaw tightened as she charged towards him, but Stefan pushed her back. They did not need two dead Gilbert sisters. "You know where Anna is, you went with Jeremy. You must know where she lives, please Damon. We're sorry we lied to you, I'm sorry that I lied to you. My locator spells aren't working and I really need your help to find my sister. Please."

Damon cocked his head. "Holly, I mean this with complete sincerity. I hope Elena . . . dies."

Holly let out a scoff of disgust as she turned around. "Forget it, I'll find her myself."

Damon watched as Anna said goodbye to little Jeremy Gilbert in the town square. He would be lying if he said that he didn't feel a little bit of guilt for how he had treated Holly this morning. The girl had the conscience of a puppy and she seemed desperate to find Elena.

"Got a hot date or are you planning of nabbing the whole Gilbert family?" Damon smirked as he faced Anna. "Lucky that you didn't take the witch."

"I'm not stupid," Anna said coolly. "Speaking of which, Jeremy just invited me to a party in the woods. Isn't that nice a lot of warm blood filled bodies dancing around ready for starving vampires."

"I told you I work alone."

"Yeah, so do I, but I'm minus a spell book and you're minus a witch." Anna said simply.

"I have a witch."

Anna raised an eyebrow. "Holly? Come on, we both know that you won't use her. This kind of spell takes an incredible amount of power and we both know poor, delicate Holly wouldn't be able to handle it and you would never put her in that situation. A little witch called Bonnie Bennett on the other hand-"

"You know Stefan will kill you for coming after Elena." Damon interrupted. "Not to mention that a pissed off Holly wouldn't easily forgive you."

"Then they won't be happy once I kill her if I don't get what I want. Poor Holly without a twin."

Damon's jaw tightened. "When do your want to do this?"

Anna scoffed. "Man, it's like 1864 all over again. You Salvatore boys are truly pathetic when it comes to women. Tonight at sundown, meet me behind the church."

"He's impossible!" Holly hissed as she ran a hand through her dark hair. "If Elena dies, I will scratch his face until my nails bleed!"

"Ok, Holly calm down." Stefan said lightly. "We still have time." His cell phone beeped and he frowned. "It's a message from Sheila. She managed to do a locator spell. She knows where Bonnie and Elena are."

"Bonnie?"

"Apparently, she was taken as well." Stefan put down his cell phone. "Go to Sheila's, I'll go get them. We're going to fix this once and for all."

Holly frowned. "What do you mean?"

"We're going to open the tomb."