Chapter Twenty One : Villain With A Smiling Cheek

"Send three people of council to reconcile with them. If they don't agree, crush them and disinherit any other distant royal then bring it under direct control after secret reconnaissance of the land. Reclaim all the possessions and recompense the soldiery and kill the cowards." Henry spoke among the council members his eyes on royal symbol on the flag that hung high.

The council nodded.

"Your Grace, the Graegarnards are planning on a conspiracy against the empire.. again." One of the members stood up and spoke.

"I thought you all must have enough knowledge on how to deal with such petty issues." Henry drawled. The member that stood up now had his head hung low for bringing up such a menial and pesky issue in the midst of other important topics.

"Is there anything else left to discuss?" Henry asked to the council.

"No, Sire." One of them spoke.

"Dismiss." He ordered and stood up from his throne heading straight to the sole place he wanted to go. To Rose, to his bedroom.

*****

Rose POV:

It's been two hours since we had our time together in that garden then I was brought here, fed and put to bed like a child and I didn't say anything. I slept for an hour or so then suddenly my eyes snapped open.

How? What had happened to me to act so naive?

He puts on a pious mask and I am hypnotized. I was lost, stranded in his charms unable to focus on my sanity. This was all a ploy by him. He plundered my senses and made me believe in him, yet his words seemed so true.

I should have composed myself. I shouldn't have fallen in his trap. Being so vulnerable in this dire situation of mine, I gave upon him. I let him touch and kiss me like I forgot what had happened with me and then he was the root cause of all my problems and worries.

How can I let the Devil take me like that?

I highly regret my weakness but there is an invisible force that compels me to get attracted to him like a moth to fire whenever he is near. He is ruling over not just the kingdom but my body and mind but my soul will never accept him.

I clutched the sheets close to my chest feeling so uneasy that it hurts. Not myself but at least I could give father a good life. This is what I believe and which kept me alive. I wish he is safe and secure, in peace. It broke me to see him so upset on my mother's funeral. I hope he moves on and finds peace.

The door creaked open and I closed my eyes pretending to be asleep. A few seconds later I felt the bed dipping low and a hand slid on my waist from behind towards my stomach pulling me closer to his body. My heart jolted at his touch but this time I was alarmed. My eyes squeezed and his images evaded my mind.

Oh God, please help me.

"I see you are awake, doll." I heard him and my eyes snapped open.

Immediately, I sat up my back facing him. I couldn't face him and I didn't want to.

"What's the matter, Rose?" The name rolled out of his mouth so smoothly and it sounded so good but I am not going to bow down again. He pulled me towards him again and I spoke all of a sudden, "Please, don't." His grip around my waist loosened and I stood up from the bed away from his grasp. I turned around wide eyed to see him and trying to bring my fear down but it wasn't helping.

"Stay away from me... leave me alone." I said pretending to be brave, still clutching the sheets close to me.

He looked down at his hands thinking something and stood up, walking towards me making me drop the sheet I had been holding. Expected him to hit or punish me for disobeying him for the first time but rather he eyed me with a calm look. I stepped back and he followed my trail. I halted when my back hit the wall. His Majesty stood before me just an inch away from my body and his hands rested beside my waist on the wall, trapping me, again.

"Why.." He trailed off. His voice filled with pain.

"I-I cannot stay with you... let me g-go. Please." I stuttered and sounded so small, so defeated.

He tilted his head slightly.... I know this look.

"Why not?" He knows why yet he is asking this and feigning innocence.

My mouth and lips went dry in his scrutinizing gaze and I licked my lips, his eyes following the trail.

He blinked his eyes back to mine and I stammered again, "Let m-me go. I-I don't wish to stay with you. Please leave me. What have I done to you?" My voice trembled, ready to break but this had to be asked. His lips twitched at my words and his eyes softened.

***

King Henry's POV:

She wants me to answer such a question and the truth is that she is innocent and it is my wish that she stays with me. Be by my side for eternity, in my arms.

"Nothing, sweetheart. I just want you by my side, as my Queen." I replied bluntly.

The familiar fear danced in those blue sapphires and the tears that formed threatened to spill.

"Please.." She whispered and a tear escaped her eyes so I brought my hand closer to her face to wipe the tear away but she flinched being scared that I would hit her.

Her chest pumped up and down, her eyes so glossy and tearful.

"How can you expect me to s-stay with you after all you have done to me. I am just a normal human being of m-middle rank there is nothing so special about me. I am not strong enough to handle... t-this all. Why me? There are many girls out there and one of them might be the right one for you but please forgive me, I wish to live a normal life I don't want to live you." Rose said between sobbing and hiccups. I moved my face closer to her enough to feel her breathing and brought my hands up to her body just a little below her breasts and above her waist pulling her closer to me. "I promise, I will never, ever hurt you again and will not give you a chance to complain." I said reassuringly. She moved her hands until its back touched the wall and moved a step back as if she didn't want me and didn't like my touch but I didn't let her go. She is so beautiful, so sweet and kind. Those lips feel so lonely, all pink and soft.

Another tear escaped her eye and she finally whispered, "No... I can't. Y-you are a m-monster." She bit her lip probably regretting what she said and I was taken back.

It was the reality, she was correct, I am a monster, a cruel, frightening beast.

"But if a monster wants to change for someone then she needs to provide her love to change him." I said as she stared up at me with her twinkling eyes.

Her gaze dropped suddenly and she clutched her pendant, closing her eyes letting the tears flow freely.

"Since, I cannot see you crying. I shall leave you alone." I stated and walked out in defeat.

I lost, for the first time but I will not give up. I will do whatever I can to heal her back and make her love me.

***

Rose fell on the floor crying, knowing that she is stuck with her nightmare forever. While Henry left her alone and walked to the patio frustrated with himself wanting some time alone to himself. With his hands in his pant pockets he sighed in regret.

***

A/N:

Happy Rose Day!!