I Carry You With Me

"Mother, tell me that you have Elena." Damon said eyeing me as we both walked down the hall of the Whitmore hospital basement.

"Let me speak to Oscar." Lily countered through the phone and I rolled my eyes.

"No can do. I'm about to wake him up from his magical vervain nap." Damon pointed out, eyeing me.

"You do realize when you get her back, you're not actually getting her back, right?" Lily asked in annoyance and I narrowed my eyes at her voice.

"Do you think I or Mariana need to be reminded of that?" Damon argued sarcastically.

"And yet you're leveraging a member of my family just to get her body closer to you." Lily scoffed angrily back at him. "How selfish can you be?" She added and I rolled my eyes turning the corner, down another hall.

"Spare the lecture, mommy." Damon sighed before we walked into a small room that was dimly lit.

"Damon, if anyone has harmed Oscar in any way-" Lily started but he cut her off.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Say goodbye to Elena—It's not my first hostage swap." He clarified, hanging up and I sighed grabbing his hand reassuringly, which he squeezed back. We walked towards the curtain before pulling it back to see a table with a blood spot on the table.. And approximating the way the body was lying on the table a day before, the blood stain was in the exact spot that Oscar's heart would have been.. "No." Damon whispered, shaking his head as I clenched my jaw. "Oscar?" Damon asked looking around the small room confused.

"We smell the blood on you, buddy." I added turning and looking at a closet that used to be filled with patient files. I narrowed my eyes at it and looked at Damon, who slowly walked towards it before quickly opening it. I gasped as a dead and grey Oscar fell face forward towards Damon but he easily caught himself from falling. He moved out of the way and we both watched Oscar fall on the floor, not moving a muscle. "Dammit." Damon said angrily down at the, now dead heretic. "You've got to be kidding me." He added scoffing in defeat.
~~~~

"How the hell did you let this happen?" Stefan asked in annoyance and looking at Oscar who sat in a chair in front of him as we all stood in Alaric's apartment.

"Hey, don't even think about blaming this on me—I'm not the one who unscrewed his heart." Damon defended himself.

"No, you're just the one who tracked him down, kidnapped him and are still technically holding him hostage." Stefan argued, crossing his arms over his chest as he rose his eyebrow waiting for Damon to reply.

"To get Elena back." Damon pointed out, obviously getting angry.

"And how's that working out for you? Because from where I'm standing, she's in more danger than ever because you won't let her rest." Stefan countered before I finally stood in between them, watching as their mouths shut quickly.

"How dare you tell me that catering for my sister is putting her in danger. You know, I'm sorry that you can't touch Caroline since your newly found first love, Valerie, turned out to be one of the heretics. Don't for a second doubt my way of caring for my sister because I don't see you helping." I stated emotionlessly as I glared at Stefan who looked away from me.

"We need to get rid of him." Damon stated changing the subject and gesturing at Oscar.

"No, no, no, no—You need to get rid of him. I have to go take care of the baby." I sighed in annoyance back at Damon before him and Stefan put Oscar around their shoulders, when there was a knock at the door.

"Damon. We know you're in there." A voice said in annoyance and I scowled knowing it was Mary-Louise and Nora. "Open up." They stated and I waved the boys away from me along with Oscar as they obeyed quickly. "Damon, open the-" they started again before I vamped and opened the door, looking at the girls who rose their eyebrows back at me.