Chapter 18

It's Saturday evening and Soph was bothering the hell out of my patience, and honestly let me tell you, I have none.

"C'mon you studied a lot already, let's party!" Soph said basically screaming on the phone. "You promised me!"

"Soph, I have not studied a lot already, can't we go out next weekend?" I groaned, I've lost at least half an hour in this phone call. "If I pass we celebrate and get drunk, if I fail we get drunk to forget we are miserable."

"But I want to go out today!" She screamed, I feel like my ears would eventually bleed from all these screams.

"No," I said hanging up, rude? Yeah but necessary, my life depends on this stupid quiz, it is my way of proving to miss Evans that I'm not a failure and I still had my wish and girl I was going to make it count.

*

Is nonetheless to say I studied all weekend and the days after, not including the after-school sessions with Daniella and I was actually getting the hang of it, It wasn't perfect but I could finally finish a question in less than 10 minutes and actually get it half right.

Today was Wednesday, one day before the quiz and I was half in the detention period with Miss Evans, I have just finished one of her homework study quiz she handed out today in class for preparation for the real deal and I was waiting patiently for her to finish examining it.

"Well," she said drowning me in anticipation, "I won't tell you what you got, I'll let you see it for yourself tomorrow." She concluded resting the sheet on the table.

"C'mon, that's just plain sadistic."

"You can go home earlier today," she said ignoring me and dodging my statement like a ninja.

"Let me study a little more, please."

"I have never seen you so excited to study." She lifted one perfect brow, well, I just want to spend more time with you actually.

"I really want to pass on this quiz," I said smirking.

"It's good you are being serious about your education," she said sarcastically, "but I actually have to leave earlier."

"Oh, alright," I know where she'll probably head to so I'll obviously take advantage of that. "Do you happen to pass by the hospital? Mind giving me a lift?" I expected a reaction but her face was pretty much neutral. "I have a friend I want to visit," I said growing nervous by her silence.

"Yeah, that's fine." She said simply, no protesting? That's new.

We walked side by side to her car and I could sense she was a little uncomfortable and I was visibly a lot more.

"Is your friend sick again?" She asked to lessen the atmosphere when we entered the car.

"Soph?" I asked, she just gestured with her head. "No, I think you've met him before."

I have actually been visiting Ed quite often, I have grown fond of him and it pained me to see him in such a condition, I just wanted to take all his pain and take it upon myself, he is such a kind man and he doesn't deserve to suffer like this.

"Did I?" She asked lifting one of her brows.

"You don't remember? Do I mean so little to you?"

"Is he your boyfriend?" she asked ignoring my question.

"I don't do boys," I said looking at her silhouette, "Besides, he's like 80 years old."  I chucked.

"Ok, I remember now," she said simply.