Chapter 25

"Do I really have to?" I looked at Soph with puppy eyes.

"Yes, you do or else I'll tell Miss Evans you stalk her social media."

"You wouldn't do that!" I faced her with a serious expression. "C'mon her Instagram is private and her facebook account only has about 3 photos."

"Watch me," she said with a smug face.

"Ugh fine."

Soph always wins every argument... I mean, she doesn't win them, she simply blackmails me until I give up.

That's fucked up.

We arrived at school about 30 minutes late because sophs beat up car decided it was a good idea to just die and I had to push it wearing fucking heels until it started working again.

The school was already packed with awkward teenagers wearing tuxedos and expensive dresses they will never wear again, I got mine on sale for 20 dollars and I've been wearing it to every special occasion for the last 2 years.

The music was terrible, food was gone and we are standing inside an oven. Yup, everything is looking normal so far.

My eyes quickly scanned the gymnasium looking for you know who. "She's right there," Soph said pointing in her directing as if she could read my mind. She was standing in a corner talking to some teachers, she hasn't noticed me yet. "Stop looking at her like that, you look like a creep... Oh wait, you are."

I punched her arm, lightly? No.

"Bitch, ouch!" she said rubbing the sore spot on her arm.

When I looked again to where Daniella was standing was I not surprised when I saw her already looking at me, just when our eyes met she averted her gaze.

"Should I come over and say hi?" I looked at Soph who was already eyeballing some guys. "Would that be weird?"

"Totally weird, just go for it. Come meet us after your awkward moment," she said patting my shoulder and leaving me to join her date, even Soph has a date and here I am. I'm the third wheel.

I looked at Daniella again seeing she was alone, perfect timing. I strolled in her direction gaining her attention but just as I was halfway there someone stood in front of me.

"Anna," Jenny. "I'm glad to see you here."

"What do you need me for?" I said chuckling.

"Stupid," she said giving me a light punch. "You're alone?"

"Are you too?" She just nodded. "How come?"

"The person I wanted to come with didn't ask me out."

"Ouch, I could say the same." I chuckled awkwardly eyeing Miss Evans seeing she was looking at us, it will have to wait. "Who was the idiot?"

She rolled her eyes amusedly. "It doesn't really matter, would you be my last minute date?" Being Jenny's date? I'm certainly not mad.

"Sure, I mean that's better than being Soph's third wheel and alone for that matter." I played it off.

"Dance with me?"

"I'm glad you asked," I said taking her hand. "I'll show you some moves."

"Please, don't make us look stupid," she said chuckling.

"That's a calumny."

We danced to some electronic weird music for a while and my feet were hurting in these heels already but I stood strong.

"You look beautiful in that dress," she said out of the blue making a light blush spread to my face.

"Thanks," I muttered. "You look beautiful as well."