Chapter 29

She finally opened her eyes revealing a darker shade of grey and I was honestly so terrified, if I could I would just jump out of this car window and run to Mexico.

"I'm really sorry," was all I could say at the moment as we parted letting in more space between us. She just stayed silent as she adjusted herself on her seat not sparing one more glance at me. "Uh..."

"Can we discuss this another time?" She interrupted me still not looking at me.

"But..."

"Go," she said firmly starting the engine.

"See you tomorrow?" I got out of the car without a reply as I saw her drive off.

She didn't get mad at me, maybe she's still in shock, I'm pretty sure tomorrow she'll start with the 'never do that again' speech.

This time however she kissed me back, I can use that to my advantage. Although I know she will never really admit it.

I unlocked the front door of my house seeing my dad suspiciously seated on the couch.

"Why do you look like you were spying me through the window?" I said amusedly squinting my eyes at him.

"How can someone look like that specifically?" He asked trying not to laugh.

"You, you can," I said walking to the kitchen. "I know you too well," I said louder so he could hear me as I went through the fridge.

"So," he said coming into the kitchen with a smug face. "I didn't know you were into older rich women."

"Know your place please, you are a grown man and unless you're old as'f you don't get to make those sassy remarks," I said crossing my arms amusedly.

"Come on, I'm your dad."

"Exactly," I looked at him like it was obvious.

"You used to tell me everything," he said crossing his arms as well in a playful way.

"Yeah, when I was like 8 or something, this is so uncomfortable," I said throwing my hands in the air. "And she's not old, she must be in her late twenties or something." He eyed me. "You don't get to say someone is old if you're older than them, aren't you 50 already?"

"I feel so insulted right now," he said pretending to be hurt. "Ungrateful child, you're lucky that I'm such a cool dad."

"There's no such thing as a cool dad, there are bad dads, nice dads and nice dads that try too hard to relate to their kids but turn out to be just really cringe," I said picking my sandwich and plopping into one of the living room couches.

"Are you at least going to bring her here so I can meet her?" He said ignoring my previous rambling.

"Uh, we are not dating so no."

"What did I tell you about sleeping around?"

"Dad, I'm not sleeping around." I rolled my eyes. "We are just getting to know each other." I'm not lying, I'm just not telling him some minor details.

"Why don't you invite her to our Rosh Chodesh Kislev (Beginning of new Hebrew month of Kislev) dinner party?"

"You and I having dinner is not a party."

"But you and I plus your girlfriend having dinner is a party."

"S-she's not my girlfriend," I said flushed. "And she wouldn't come."

"Why?"

"Uh, she's busy."

"Anna," he said in a serious tone. "You're not seeing a married woman, are you?" he completed making me choke on my sandwich.

"What?! Dad, she's not married!" I said still choking on a piece of bread.

"Then there's no reason she can't come have dinner with us, is there?" I'm so fucked up.

I went to my room after just the most awkward and embarrassing conversation with my dad, if she declines coming next week my dad will get really suspicious, I'm pretty sure he'll find out sooner than I'll expect him to.

Just how will I invite her to meet my dad? She'll never agree to it.

As expected my dad just couldn't let go of this topic and went on with it the rest of the day, I even went to bed earlier.

The next day I was a walking stressed pickle, not only was I worried about how Daniella would act around me from now on but now I have to find a way to invite her to come over, let's not forget Jenny, of course, I didn't tell Daniella about her yet and now I'll have to be extra cautious because I know she'll be on my ass.

Just to sum up everything, I'm late.

I knocked on the door and waited for Miss Evans to open it already expecting a rude 'you're not coming in'.

Instead, she just opened the door and let me in uninterestedly, she didn't look at me, in fact, she ignored me for the rest of the hour until the bell rang and I stood in front of her desk giving her no other choice.

"Please acknowledge my presence for a few minutes," I said trying to not sound too nervous. "We need to talk."

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)