Chapter 33

"Slippers?" I murmured to myself as the furry dog approached me. If Slippers is here so is Daniella.

I instantly shot my head up seeing her from across the street walking in our direction... In our direction, for a moment I forgot I was with Jenny.

"I'm really sorry about slippers, he's in a mood today," she said once she reached our table.

"Hey Miss Evans, don't worry about it, he's really cute," Jenny answered as she started petting Slippers, I honestly couldn't find the strength to talk to her looking into her eyes so I just tried my best to ignore her presence. "He's really familiar with you, have you two met before?" Jenny pulled me back from my thoughts.

Jenny's not dumb, that's for sure.

"Uh, yeah," I started, not knowing exactly what to say, I glanced at Daniella for help but she averted her eyes. "I met him at the park before." I'm not lying but no more questions, please.

"Well, we'll leave you two, sorry for interrupting," Daniella bummed in before Jenny could answer.

"Sit down with us, Miss E." What? No way, I'll have a heart attack.

"She must have things to do," I said instantly eyeing her, she wouldn't want to sit with us anyway.

"Yeah, maybe another time," she said pulling slippers with her. "See you in class."

"See you tomorrow, miss," Jenny said, I just waved my hand, awkward? Yes.

"Well, maybe we should leave too?" I half asked-stated. "I have a few errands I have to do."

"Oh, yeah that's fine."

The most awkward date ever.

Don't get me wrong, Jenny is a sweetheart but I just wasn't in the mood.

Maybe this isn't a good idea after all. It seems like the more I try to hide it from her the more she finds out, Jenny is too dangerous to be around... I never thought I would say this about her.

But then again if I suddenly start acting distant after going out with her she'll notice and get even more suspicious.

I sighed as I was walking home, it was starting to get dark and there was a cold breeze going on, winter is just around the corner.

But then I eyed the same park where I met Daniella last weekend as I passed through it, I didn't feel like going home so I just went in and sat in one of the benches, I'm such an idiot, it'll get too dark by the time I go home but I can't seem to find the will to go and literally root on my bed.

I chuckled a bit, who am I trying to fool, I'm here because I saw her coming in this direction when she left. I'm going a little crazy.

"Do you love me that much?" I said as I noticed the same golden dog approaching me. "Where's your mom?" I looked up again not seeing where she could possibly be, I had no other choice but to grab the leash he has been dragging around and look for her. "Did you run away from her again? She must be looking for you."

I looked around with Slippers for a while until I saw her seated by the fountain, she didn't notice us yet until Slippers barked at her making her look at us.

She didn't say anything as I approached her.

"Your dog," I said holding up his leash to her but she didn't grab it. "If you don't want him I'll keep him." No answer. "Fine," I said pulling Slippers with me, of course, I'm expecting her to come for us, my house is too small for a dog.

"Anna..." she said before I could walk further away from her, I looked at her waiting for her to continue but she didn't so I kept on walking, that's until I feel a hand grabbing my arm, "can we talk?"

"You were the one who said we should stop talking and seeing each other," I said starting to get a little angry, I don't understand her at all.

"I know," she said simply.

I grabbed her hand and handed her the leash, I looked at her one more time after I walked away, it took everything in me to not give in.

"You're unfair," I heard her say, I stopped walking to hear her out but didn't look back at her, I can't. "You told me to wait for you until your graduation day yet you go out with other girls, do you kiss them too? Was everything you told me meaningless after all?"

"How could you say that?" I finally turned around locking my eyes filled with rage on hers. "You told me to stay away from you, how can that promise still hold up if you don't let me get close to you?" She just looked at me remaining silent. "Why can't you be honest for once? Why can't you admit you liked that kiss, I know you wanted it and I know you're jealous, stop lying to me and stop lying to yourself." At this moment my mouth had a mind of its own.

"Anna, don't talk that loud," she said through gritted teeth.

"Then tell me," I crossed my arms. "Tell me you don't want me to go away, you don't want me to stop talking to you and to stop seeing you."

She sighed running a hand through her hair averting her eyes from mine, "I..."

"Say it looking at me," I interrupted her, I have no idea where I'm getting all this confidence.

She rolled her eyes locking them on mine again, "I... Don't want you to go," she said it almost in a whisper.

I could get more out of her but honestly, I don't need to, I'm fine with this. Also, I'll leave the sadistic stuff to her.

The smile on my face was inevitable. "Then... Can I kiss you again?" Maybe I'm stretching it too much.

"We're not dating Anna, don't get the wrong idea," she said rolling her eyes, her sadistic remarks coming back.

The sky by now was pitch black and apparently, we were the only ones at the park.

"It's a reconciliation kiss," I smirked. "Normally it's sex but I'll go slow on you." She didn't answer me, she just started walking away with Slippers. "C'mon, at least take me home."

"Walk."

"I live on the other side of the city and it's dark and cold," I said pouting even though she couldn't see me as I was walking behind her. "Or would you rather have me sleeping at your house tonight?"

"Ugh, I'll take you home," she grunted making me chuckle.

So, everything is fine now, I guess. At least I'm making some progress.

I'll get to you, Evans.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)