Chapter 34

The car ride to my house was in a comfortable silence, and even though there was music playing on the radio I still think she could hear my heartbeat because damn, it was loud

Clearly, I am aware she wasn't confessing her love to me or anything but it at least meant she deeply cares for me, I dare to say she kinda likes me back a little, well it has to mean something more than just the 'I like your company' BS.

"So..." I started as she parked her car in front of my house.

"No goodbye kisses," she said rolling her eyes.

"Bummer." I laughed a little. "Do you want to come in for a while then?"

"I'm not falling for your traps, Anna," she said amusedly. "Go in before your parents see me."

I eyed her wondering if I should tell her I have a noisy dad.

"About that..." She immediately squinted her eyes at me. "My dad might have seen us kissing the other day," I smiled awkwardly," he doesn't know you're my teacher tho," I said before she could start yelling at me. "And he wants to meet you."

"Are you insane? I can absolutely not meet your dad! If he sees me at school I'm done, how did he even see us?"

"I don't think he would report you really if anything he'd be amused, he would tease me for the rest of my life," I said looking over the house to see if he was peaking. "Nosy B," I murmured.

"I'm not meeting him, Anna," she said rolling her eyes again. "We're not dating, it would be so awkward."

"Should we date then?" I looked at her with a serious face. "To the sake of it not being awkward."

"Why am I talking to you again?"

"Because you can't live knowing I'll not be by your side forever," I smirked.

"I changed my mind, get out of my car," she said amusedly.

"So mean!" I laughed as I pushed her a little.

"Come on get out before he sees us again," she said pushing me back lightly. "I swear I'll not take you home ever again."

"No, don't say that! I'll die without your ac." She pushed me again now a little harder. "Jeez ok I'll go, I'll see you tomorrow then, Miss Evans," I said in a sarcastic tone. "I'll give you the details of the dinner later."

She just rolled her eyes again, waving her hand as I got out of the car and took off.

• • •

"How're things with Jenny?" Soph asked as we walked through the school doors. "Did your date go well? Tell me the juicy details."

"About that..." I started but didn't know exactly what to say. "Uh... I don't think it will work out."

"What do you mean? You're perfect for each other," she said stopping by my locker. "Did the date not go well?"

"It did I guess, we just don't have a lot of things in common, our conversations are really forced I think," I said opening my locker. "I want someone I can talk to carefreely and be the walking redhead potato I am without needing to restrain myself and yet the person will still dearly enjoy my company."

"Aren't you dreaming too much? I don't see anyone enjoying your stupid self aside from me... Anna, are you in love with me?" She said amusedly in which I just looked at her with a Lenny face.

"Girl, if you were gay," I said slapping her ass.

"Stay away from me you creep!" She yelled laughing scandalously through the corridors, dear Lord.

As the bell rang we parted ways to our classrooms, today Daniella was standing at the door leaning on the door frame, which is very rare, she usually just stayed in with a bored face waiting for the tardy bell to ring, she has been doing that a lot more lately.

I'm not complaining, it's a great view.

"Good morning, Miss," I said with a smirk as I walked past her.

"Good morning, Miss Krause," she said it like she always did, in a sarcastic way. I have a feeling it has to do with the fact I share my last name with Hitler's former bodyguard, Karl Krause. Very funny Daniella.

Something Karl and I, aside from the last name, also share it's our devotion to the living incarnations of satan.

When I came inside the classroom my eyes instantly landed on Jenny, she was seated at the front like she usually did, smiling at me.

"Morning," I said seating on the nearest desk beside her at the front row, I really just wanted to be closer to Daniella.

"Good morning, Anna."

"Sorry for leaving in such a hurry yesterday."

"That's fine, I understand," she said pointing to Daniella with her head.

"What? No, that's really not it." My checks instantly went a deep red.

"Anna, I'm not dumb," she said laughing a little. "I knew you liked her before but I was sure it was platonic until I saw you two dancing together, let's talk about this later but don't worry your secret is safe."

I was about to say it wasn't what she was thinking it was, you know, the normal I will never admit it phrase but the tardy bell cut me off.

I spent the rest of the class time just thinking about how I was going to lie to Jenny, even though she said it was safe to trust her, I don't, not with this.

What if she had a hidden microphone ready to record me and give it to the director?

While it's true we are not dating and we neither had sex nor a real kiss as it is, there's no way we can prove we didn't, after all, I've ridden her car countless times and we did meet up a couple of times outside school. Doing those things are not really that shocking if you think about it, there are no rules prohibiting us of being friends with the teachers and hanging out with them, at least at my school but with information proving I have romantic feelings towards said teacher being exposed, those things can definitely seem very sketchy.

Dancing with a teacher in a funny way inside with everyone is seen as a friendly thing, dancing with a teacher in a romantic way hidden behind a car in a deserted parking lot is definitely not.

What if she took pictures of us?

Maybe I'm thinking too much.

The bell rung yeeting me away from my thoughts, the class seemed to pass very quickly, maybe because I paid no attention whatsoever to today's lesson.

As I was picking up my bag to leave I glanced at Daniella, she was seated on her desk looking down at some papers, then I looked at the board, in it was written in capital letters 'test' and a date, the end of this month, if I'm not wrong which probably I am because I can't do math, it'll be in about 3 weeks.

I'm screwed again.

Thanks for reading, please vote and drop a comment, it will help me a lot more than you might think.

Also follow me on Twitter and on Instagram: shayzayit

Hey guys, if you enjoy my content, please consider supporting what I do on ko-fi.com/shayzayit (link on my profile), not only will it give me the motivation to write and create more but it will also help me get my books physically published (these drafts will always stay on Wattpad for free)