all

"go on and make your christmas list, dear" michael's mum smiled at him. it was a few days before thanksgiving, and already michael couldn't wait for christmas.

he obeyed and took one of the pretty christmas list papers she had in her hand.

christmas was by far michael's favorite holiday, and even though he was 17 years old, it still hadn't gotten old yet. there was something about the holiday atmosphere that made him happy and content. everybody got along.

but then he frowned.

what did he want on his christmas list?

"having trouble, honey?" his mum asked.

michael nodded and sighed, pulling his doll luke close to him.

he's had luke ever since he was a little kid, and through the many years he was still in pretty good shape. admittedly, his limbs had to be re-sewn a few times but other than that, a few washes, he was still as good as ever.

"what do you think i should ask santa for christmas, lukey?" he smiled. sometimes, he thought he could hear luke reply.

but he didn't reply this time, which made michael sigh. he was on his own, then.

he thought long and hard. usually, his parents got him what he wanted, as he was an only child and they had a pretty good amount of money. michael was always grateful for the things he got.

and then the idea came to him.

"oh my gosh!" he exclaimed, picking up his blue pen and writing what he wanted down on his christmas list. there were a few other minor things he put as well, seeing as his parents always told him to write more if there was only one thing on his list.

"this is gonna be the best christmas present ever" he grinned after he finished, looking down at luke who laid in his arms. he loved him.

dear santa,

for christmas i would like my best friend lukey to become a real boy just like me so we can be together forever.