chapter four

Hey guys! Enjoy this new chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy's POV

I woke up with a scream. Rubbing my eyes, I attempted to sit up. Then, I grimaced in pain. Right, I was beat up, I thought. I lay back down, but my eyes drifted around the room. It seems that I was in the nurse's office. There was a commotion around me, as voices were heard everywhere. It was pretty loud, so I winced and coughed. The door in the corner was drifting on its hinges, and there was a dent on the wall as if the door had been slammed open quickly.

"LUCY! THANK GOD YOU'RE AWAKE! WE'VE BEEN WORRIED, HONEY! WHAT ON EARTH HAPPENED?" My mother yelped in anguish. My dad just stood there, shocked and at a loss for words.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no sound came out of my mouth, well, except for a strangled sound that sounded strangely like a dying mammal. My throat was so dry I felt that it should be a desert is it wasn't in my body. I mouthed the words "Water, please." and being the sweet nurse she is, Samantha rushed to fulfill my wish. A minute later, she came speed-walking back with a cup of chilled water filled to the brim, sloshing around.

I brought the cup slowly to my lips with a shaky and aching hand and drank. As I drank, the small crowd around the bed that I occupied was drawn in expectantly. I blushed under their serious gaze, feeling self conscious.

I quickly drained the cup and licked my lips. Luke took the empty cup from my hand and gripped it tightly and then said, "Come on, Lucy. Tell us!"

I squirmed. I fidgeted.

He raised an eyebrow.

I sighed in defeat.

And then I told them everything. Honestly, it was rather amusing watching their faces change from confusion, to surprise, to anger, to hatred, and then to full out fury.

My dad then started to rant. "Lucy, how long has this been going on? Have you acted accordingly? Honestly, Lucy, we love you for who you are and we don't need you to at all in any way, shape, or form. You're..."

I fell asleep in the middle, his businesslike tone was beginning to emerge, and I always thought lectures were boring.

***

I was in a parking lot. There was a huge school in front of me. I looked down at myself. The ground was farther away. Gasping, I felt shocked. I looked so much older and taller and kind of like...like mom. There were other teens swarming in the school. Strangely, the school bore the fairy tail symbol. Maybe it was the High School?

I then saw all my real friends who liked me for who I am waving me over. Gray, Jellal, Gajeel, and strangely Natsu called me over. Then I noticed other people. There was a short, cute bluenette clinging to Gajeel's arm. He was slightly blushing, and trying to pull off the cool guy look. A swooning and blushing girl with curly light blue hair was clinging to Gray, hugging him, saying "GRAY-SAMA~". This bluenette was much taller than the shorter one. Gray looked slightly annoyed, but I could tell by his soft eyes that he was enjoying it. There was a beautiful girl with hair the color of scarlet behind Jellal. She wasn't touching him, but I could tell she wanted to by the longing, lost look in her eyes. Jellal's eyes kept darting back to look at her. I raised an eyebrow. Jell blushed "nonchalantly". Surprisingly, Lisanna was trying to kiss Natsu. I felt a pang inside me. What was it? Was I sick? He looked pissed and annoyed as he tried to de-attach himself from her. There was a similar haired girl, except her hair was more of a pale, pale blue. She was holding hands with a boy with blonde hair and a scar on his right eyebrow. They both were smiling widely. A red-eyed boy with black hair that covered half of his face was hugging himself dumbly. I sighed. He released himself quickly and blushed a shade of pink. He looked like he was going to stay a loner. I hoped that he would find someone later on, I felt bad for him. Don't forget that I was a loner too. The black haired loner wasn't my type, though.

"LUCY!"

I looked around me, wondering where the shout came from. My friends didn't react. Seems like only I could hear the-

"LUCY!"

My head whipped around as I tried to find the source of the cries.

Then, suddenly, I was-

"LUCY!"

So it was a dream.

I opened my eyes to a frantic mom who was sitting on my injured thighs. When she saw that I was awake, her eyes softened as she calmed down. I flashed her a grin and then winced in pain. My mom noticed this and got off me in less than a second. She untied her hair that was in a bun before, and then pulled her hair into a bun again, something that she did when she was flustered or nervous.

"Lucy...I don't know how to break it to you..." My mother trailed off.

"What is it Mom? I'll try not to react badly or anything..." I replied, trailing off at the end.

My mom twiddled her fingers together. Dad kept glancing around the room, and Luke shuffled his feet. The rest has left, so it was just us three and the nurse who was sitting at her desk ten feet away, doing something on her computer.

"Lucy, we're moving."

"U-um, come again?"

———————————

Hey guys! I hope you liked it! Comment below, I love to read them!

RS9411