19

Lauren placed Camila on the floor and held tightly onto the doorknob. She used all the strength in her body to try and open the door, but she felt weak.

"There's no point, we're gonna die in here. It's all my fucking fault." Lauren sighed, looking down at the brunette she loved.

She smiled as tears ran down her face, "how could someone hurt you? Your soul is gold." She addressed Camila, who was still unconscious.

She shut her eyes as the flames grew.

Moments away from her death.

"I-I love you," she said to brunette, as if she could hear.

Lauren collapsed next to Camila, slowly losing her life.

"This isn't fair," she cried.

The raven haired girl looked up at the ceiling, watching the small matter crumble down, piece by piece.

She looked over at Camila as she felt a tear escape her eye, "I'm not letting us die in here, I'm not letting you die in here," she whispered softly.

Lauren used every last ounce of energy in her body to lift herself off the floor. She held on tightly as she picked up the brunette and walked towards the door.

"Okay," Lauren puffed out, "it's now or never."

She turned her back to the door and slammed her own body against it, causing Camila to start stirring.

Lauren shut her eyes and body slammed the door once again. The door opened slightly, however there was still something blocking it from behind.

She took back another couple steps, then rumbled into the door, but the door was already opened, causing Lauren to fall face first on the other side with Camila.

"What the fuck!" She groaned.

"Sorry I thought you needed a little help, I thought you were stronger," a familiar voice spoke with a hint of disappointment.

Lauren looked up and widened her eyes at the figure above her, "what are YOU doing here?" She shouted, leaping off of the floor.

Collin looked down at Camila, who was still on the floor.

"Aren't you going to pick up your girlfriend? I think you hurt her with the rough fall," Collin snickered, clearly trying to get a reaction out of Lauren.

She walked over to the brunette and scooped her into her arms.

Collin smirked then turned towards the staircase.

"And where do you think you're going?" Lauren asked, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

"Somewhere where there isn't a fire, smart ass. Taylor's car is outside, hurry up before you die and take an innocent life with you," Collin rudely said, eyeing the unconscious brunette in Lauren's arms.

Lauren was definitely getting angry at the way Collin was acting, but she shut her eyes and swallowed her pride, remembering that he did indeed save her and Camila.

She followed the boy down the stairs and out the front door. She cringed at the bright light of Taylor's headlights.

Once she followed Collin towards the car, she placed Camila in the backseat then sat by her. She watched Collin get into the car in the rear view mirror.

"Can we talk about how I was just in a fucking fire about to die with Camila?" Lauren angrily shouted.

"Calm down, we wouldn't let anything happen to you anyways," Taylor said, as if it were obvious.