Chapter 15: Secrets, Hurt and Pain

"Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths."

― Criss Jami

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

...................................

Victoria Pallos' POV

The day was exhausting. Everything is all set up and the wedding tomorrow is very much happening. Nicolai said that Xandrous back out as his best man. He has an emergency meeting in Canada. I knew why he back out purposely. He wanted to avoid me.

It still hurt, but I know I can do this.

I'm not called as the masked queen if I can't subdue my emotions.

Nicolai is already in his room. I decided to get some alcohol, so I made my way to our wine cellar. Just as I walk out my door, I unconsciously look on Nicolai's room and I saw Elle's silhouette.

I felt that familiar jealousy and the words of dad ringing in my head.

"Why can't you be like your sister?"

Suddenly, my evil thoughts sparks some evil idea.

I quickly went to my mom and dad's room.

I knock on their door. "What?" Dad's angry voice responded behind the door.

"It's Vicky, dad."

"Open the door, babe." I heard mom said. I think I'm interrupting something that's why dad is mad. I rolled my eyes. Of course I am.

Dad was so clingy to mom. I'm sure they are busy doing something, like more than making out.

"What do you need, honey?" Dad asked as soon as he opens the door. His face softens when he saw me.

"Elle is at Nicolai's room." I scowled.

"Say, WHAT?" Dad's voice raised when my words sunk in his head.

"Yes, she's in Nicolai's room." I repeated. 

Dad quickly went back inside their room and put on his shirt. "Why, what's going on?" Mom asked and dad told her what I just said.

Mom quickly put on her robe and followed dad. I was trailing behind them. Dad looks so angry.

As soon as dad walk in, I heard his thundering voice. I pushed myself inside, and just noticed theios Nicolas following me with his eyes filled with horror.

This is the day i have been waiting. I wanted to slap to my parent's face that their favorite child is not so perfect at all.

I stood in front of them and pointed to my sister who was looking down covering her face from embarrassment. The tension inside the room is so thick that you could cut it with a knife.

I sneared. "You see dad? The Perfect child you always calls?" I said in disgust. "Because you love her too much. She's always the perfect one in your eyes." Anger already got the best in me. I was too blinded to get even and make myself feel better. I wanted her to feel what I felt whenever she's always the perfect in their eyes. But the victory I felt didn't last long.

Elle collapse right in front of us, making everyone panic especially mom and Nicolai.

Nicolai quickly scooped her and my body felt rigid. I felt like I was rooted on the ground and my conscience started to assault me. Suddenly all my muscles went functioning back after being froze for a while and I realize I've caused all this.