Chapter 2

Jungkook's POV

I looked at him and he also looked at me.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

Taehyung does not respond, instead, he only grins at me.

"Huh?" I asked again.

"My first class has been cancelled," Taehyung says. "I was about to head out and grab something to eat. You wanna come with me?"

I got to admit, i'm not really hungry but it's not like I got better things to do anyways and i'm sure it's not so bad to get the chance to get to know Taehyung a little bit more now that I can have some time alone with him.

"I guess. Are you gonna treat me?" I said, teasingly. He begins walking and I fell into a step beside him.

"I did invite you so I might as well," Taehyung says, flashing me with a bright grin. I almost squinted my eyes at how bright it was.

"But I have to go grab my bag first. I left it at the apartment..." I said, scratching at my nape. Taehyung snorts at me but he nods.

As we're walking, I went to grab a cigarette that I shoved inside the pocket of my jeans earlier before heading out of the apartment.

"Ew," Taehyung says, scrunching his nose in distaste as he watches me light the cigarette while it's idly resting around my lips.

"Sorry. Have you ever tried it before?" I asked with raised brows. I inhaled and then let out a cloud of smoke but making sure to turn away so the smoke does not directly hit Taehyung.

"I used to. But I'm avoiding it now." He said and smiled. Ah, that bright smile again. Seriously, how is this person older than me? He seriously look like a kid when he's smiling.

We proceeded to walk in silence. We are unfortunately not close enough just yet to comfortably talk about anything. But the silence is not unwelcomed.

After a couple minutes, we finally reached my apartment building.

We walked in and used the stairs to get to the second floor, where my apartment is.

"Room 188," Taehyung says, reading the number plate that was plastered on my apartment door.

"Yeah. What about it?" I asked, taking out my keys and unlocking the door. I hope that it's clean inside and that I didn't forget to pick up some dirty clothes that should be in the laundry basket. First impressions are important, especially when it's Taehyung that i'm with.

"Nothing. I'm just trying to remember so I know which apartment is yours next time I come uninvited," Taehyung replies, smiling again when he caught me glancing at him. I decided to ignore the fact that he's implying that he wants to come here again.

I opened the door and quickly went straight towards my bedroom. Seeing my backpack on the floor beside my desk, I quickly grabbed it, not wanting to make Taehyung wait any longer. But before I head out, I quickly took a picture of my schedule that I left on top of my desk before going back outside where I found Taehyung leaning on the doorway waiting for me. I ignored the funny feeling inside my chest at how good looking he looks like that.

As soon as he sees me, he stands up straight again. He waits for me to lock the door before speaking.

"We used to come here a lot, back when it was only Jin hyung living here. He used to host most of the parties because he said the landlady was really fond of him and lets it slide when it gets a bit too loud with the music and people."

"You used to? What happened then? Why did you guys stop?" I asked, just as we finally head out of the building.

"We decided to do the parties at Jimin and I's place. It was a bit bigger and people lived closer in our area. So, ever since then I really haven't gotten the chance to come here. Jin hyung usually is the one who goes to our apartment instead."

"I see. Do you mind if I join you guys next time? I haven't been partying lately," I said and hopefully I didn't sound pathetic and lame not when Taehyung seems to be the cool and funny guy that everyone wants to be friends with.

"Really? That's a shame. We wouldn't mind at all though. You're free to come with us anytime," Taehyung says with a reassuring smile and I sighed in relief.

When I didn't say anything, Taehyung spoke again.

"What, have you been busy with your boyfriend? That's why you can't go out?" He asks, teasingly and I felt my cheeks heat up a little.

"Jesus, no. Whether i'm in a relationship or not, I still don't go out. Even if I wanted to but i'm always somehow busy. Besides, Hoseok hyung and I were only fake dating," I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

"Wait, for real? But why?" Taehyung asks, completely taken aback and I can't help but chuckle at the surprise expression on his face.

I didn't answer him right away. We continued to walk beside each other until Taehyung finally stopped outside a burger place, from what it looks like. We entered the glass doors and then fell in line.

Looking up at the menu to pick something to get, now that i'm feeling hungry from the smell of the food, I finally answered him.

"Well, his parents have been setting him up in these stupid blind dates. He always whines about them with me and I finally had enough so I told him that we gotta do something to stop it, you know? And we're best friends so of course I agreed to fake date him just to make his parents stop."

When it's finally our turn to order, we momentarily stopped our conversation and ordered two burgers and two drinks before settling down on a table near the windows.

"Oh, wow, that's actually really brilliant. Best bro award goes to Jeon Jeongguk!" Taehyung exclaims and it's so ridiculous that I can't help but laugh.

We continued to eat in silence, which was broken sometimes when Taehyung says something random or asks more questiosns about my life and how it was like back in Busan. It kind of made me feel nostalgic despite the fact that I just got here and it wasn't really a long time ago since I left Busan with my family.

But it was nice, and I answered every questions that he asked about me. I asked him some questions too which he answered in great delight. I'm so thankful that he's so easy to talk to and he's probably the only person who made me feel so comfortable in their presence in such a short amount of time.

So, just then, I decided that right now, sitting across Taehyung as we munch on our food with silly grins on our faces, sharing this moment with him isn't so bad and is everything he could probably ask for.