Chapter 33

She lay on her stomach across the large poster bed with her head propped on her hand. Intently watching him get dressed.

"Do we really have to go?" she asked pouting.

She watched as he dressed in clothing that was nothing compared to male clothing of her time.

He turned slowly to look at her. With a slow smile he came closer and sat by her side. She turned on her back to look up at him. He lovingly smoothed away a loose lock of hair from her forehead. Tilting his head to the side he took in the gorgeous rich tone of her skin and captivating color of her eyes.

It's been 3 months since her breakdown and since then she has been slowly recovering. In that time he has tried his best to make it up to her. To calm her and make her feel at ease. It terrified him to no end and he feared she would never be the same.

The bone chilling account of her seeing her mother was a wake up call for them both. She was on deaths door that night. Willing to give up. And he was greatful it did not come to that. To loose her...He didn't want to think of it. He couldn't.

He smiled and she sweetly raised her fingers to his cheek.

"We have to go. If we are going to do this we must do it now. And the sooner the better. So that you and I can get married." he said.

She smiled then mockingly rolled her eyes.
"Are you sure you want to marry me. I am a pain," she huffed.

"No more than I," He grinned.

"I snore," she added narrowing her eyes.

"As do I," he inched closer.

"I hog the sheets and I am very cranky in the mornings," she lifted her chin.

He nodded with a chuckle. "I know."

With a gasp she giggled and shoved his chest until he fell back and she climbed above him.

Looking down at him, her hair fell forward creating a silky dark curtain around them. The sweet floral scent of her engulfed his senses and he inhaled it all. He tucked a few locks behind her ear and pulled her closer to him.

"There is nothing you can say or do that would change my mind Tara. You complete me and I want nothing more than for you to be my wife, bare my children and for me to grow old with you." he whispered.

His words warmed her and sent her heart racing.

She lowered her lips to his and what began as a sweet and tender kiss, slowly grew passionate and hot.

He pulled away from the kiss to stare deep into her eyes.
"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," she whispered back.

In no time she was beneath him as he showed her just how much he really loved her.

*******

Idle fingers got slapped away lightly following his chuckle as they got dressed.
"Behave Duncan," she chastised him with a laugh pulling out of his reach.

His hungry gaze turned into a wicked grin that followed while he untied her hair and delved his hands into its lush softness inhaling the scent that drove him wild.

"Look Mr. Sticky fingers if we continue this way we are not going to make it out of here," she giggled.

He chuckled and turned her to face him. He cocked his head to his side.