[18]: A PLACE TO GROW OLD

__
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN;
[ A PLACE TO GROW OLD ]
[CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER EIGHTEEN;[ A PLACE TO GROW OLD ][CONSTELLATION || GLENN RHEE]

___

The next morning, after a can of beans and a bottle of water, Athena found herself with her axe positioned by her head, hands gripping onto the smooth wood as Rick looked at everyone for assurance.

Currently, the lot of them were positioned by the closed fences that Rick had locked together the night before. Walkers, mostly unaware of them, wandered around inside of the area they needed to clear. Athena felt nerves bundle in her stomach at the sight of the dead prisoners and guards, knowing deep inside already that something was definitely going to go wrong.

With one last glance at Glenn, Rick threw open the gate door and they all bursted into the new found clearing.

Immediately, Athena plunged her axe into a walkers head and withdrew with a sicking noise of liquid splurging from the skull. They kept formation, a tight circle, as they slowly shuffled through, attacking and killing any corpse that dared try to bite them.

Athena killed five more, breaking the circle when a walker almost grabbed T-Dog. She plunged her other knife into its skull, muscles burning with tiredness when she pulled it out.

"Athena!" Rick called, and she felt someone pull her back in, her brown eyes meeting Glenn's protective hand that had a firm grip on the side of her white shirt. She quickly sent him a nod to confirm she was okay before they made their way into the center of the outer prison, thinking that they had already gotten through the worst, but Rick suddenly held them back. And that's when Athena heard the multiple sounds of groans.

Instantly, dead guards began stumbling towards them, the lot of them breaking apart to try and take out the protected walkers. Athena lurched forward to kick one away from Maggie, resulting in laying her eyes open the tons of walkers feet away.

"Daryl!" Rick yelled as he tried to shut another gate to keep them from emerging from that section. With difficulty, Athena managed to help them before she continued to try and find a way to kill the armed walkers.

Maggie suddenly ran past her, and Athena followed her actions just in time to see her plunge a knife under the walkers helmet, killing the creature effectively. "See that?" she said proudly before taking out another one with what looked like pride. The group joined in, soon enough to the point where there were no more walkers left to defeat.

Hot, sweaty, and feeling tired, Athena tried to rub blood off her face as the group looked around with the same exact expressions.

"Well, it looks secure." Glenn commented, eyes flashing around the area they had just cleared. Athena noticed how his shirt had unbuttoned and that his usual hairstyle was now changed into a very new sort of uplift. She noted to herself to comment on that later.