Ch.6 [FLASHBACK P.6]

Alessa's POV

"I'm in love" I said to Maya while we're eating in the pastry shop where Ginger is working.

"Oh, and who's the lucky guy? Is  he popular? Is it Richard? Oh my God!" she squealed in excitement.

"No! He's not," I'm hesitating if I'm going tell her the truth or not. I'm so nervous right now but I need someone to talk to about my feelings.

I'm in love with Ginger. I just realized it the night of the incident where I almost kissed her lips. I'm skeptical at first, but as time passed by, my feelings for her grew stronger. I know that it's not just a platonic love, I love her in a romantic way. 

I want her to be mine and I've never felt this strong need for anyone. She's the first person that made me feel this way and I don't know how I am going to act on it.

"I'm in love with Ginger," I blurted with my eyes closed so I don't have to see her reaction.

"Huh? That waitress?" She asked with a frown while pointing her finger to Ginger's direction. I slapped her arm to stop her from pointing her finger.

"Shut up Maya! Tone down your voice!" I rebuked her when I noticed that some of the customers were already looking at us.

"Since when did you become a lesbian? And you're in love with a poor girl, that's not a good idea" she shook her head afterwards.

"I'm not a lesbian! I'm bisexual I guess. I still like boys and it's only the first time that I've fallen for a girl. Stop judging her just because she's poor" I corrected her.

I released a heavy sigh before glancing in her direction. She's the cashier today and the shop is busy. I rolled my eyes at her when she scoffed after hearing what I said.

"Maybe you don't care, but your parents will. It's already a bad thing that she's a girl, now add the fact that she's poor." she explained before taking a piece of her cake.

"You know your parents more than me, Alessa. I'm already imagining Aunt Feliz's reaction once she finds out about it" she added afterwards.

I shrugged my shoulders in frustration because she's right about my parents. They're not fond of poor people. They'll probably accept if I tell them that I'm in love with a girl, but only if she's rich. The fact that Ginger is poor is gonna be a major problem.

"Well, I'm not even sure if she feels the same way. I mean she's straight and I don't want to ruin our friendship," I rested my head on the wall afterwards while still observing Ginger. She's now collecting orders from a customer.

God she's really beautiful with her pink apron on. Just watching her makes me happy already.

"You know what? You're boring," Maya snapped at me.

"What are you saying?" I asked confused.

"You love her right? Then tell her how you feel instead of being a chicken. If she doesn't feel the same way then accept it. It's better that you tried than regret not telling her forever," I smiled upon hearing her preach. I'm glad that I talked to her about it.

"You're right, but I don't know how I'm going to confess to her. You know clearly that it's the first time that I fell in love with a girl, my ex-boyfriend's initiated everything."

"Just tell her that you love her, that's it. You both act more than friends anyway. It's obvious by the way you treat her, minus the sex and extra intimacy of course," she replied with a smirk on her face. I immediately blushed upon realizing what she just said.

I always drive her to school and wait for her till her shift is done. Just like today, I'm going to wait for her because we're going to watch the G.I Joe movie. The most intimate thing that we've done so far is kiss each others cheeks, which is very boring. How I wish I could kiss her soft lips and every part of her until I make her moan.