~18~

Max's Point of View-

Looking around, I saw a lot if scared children and a lot of calmer elders. It was basically chaos down here with the different people. not to mention the panicking pregnant women. If we were in a different situation I would've found this somewhat amusing. 

I noticed a small girl in a corner crying. She couldn't be older than six and she was by herself. I tilted my head to the side in curiosity because all the other children were with a family member or someone. No one seemed to noticed her. 

I walked over to her carefully and crouched down in front of her, she didn't notice at first so I took one of her hands in mind and gave it an encouraging squeeze as to comfort her. That got her attention and her eyes slowly opened to look at me. She didn't stop crying but she didn't look away from me.

I smiled and sat down besides her. I kept ahold of her hand.

"Hey, little one, what's wrong?" I whispered to her.

"M-my br-brother," she stuttered.

"What's wrong with your brother?" I asked.

"He's u-up th-there... fi-fighting," she cried out.

I brought her onto my and wrapped my arms loosely around her small frame hoping it would help ease her worry. 

"It's going to be okay, Little One," I said quietly to her, hoping it was true.

"My name isn't 'Little One'," she muttered resting her head on my shoulder.

"Then what is it?" I smiled at her.

"Lana." She smiled back.

"Well then Lana, you stay here, I have to go back over there to make sure no bad guys come here, are you going to be okay?" I ask her while moving her off my lap.

"I'll be okay," Lana whispered.

"I have an idea," I whisper to her.

"What?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Why don't you go talk to another person who looks to be alone and make them feel better," I reasoned.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I think it would be a good idea." Everyone needed to be comforted.

Lana grinned and nodded eagerly as she shot up and went around talking to others. It seemed to help with the tense room. A small smile made its way up onto my face as I made my way back to the front of the room. That when I heard someone coming towards the room. All my guards went up as I took one of my knives and gripped it tightly in my hand.

Standing in the doorway, blocking the people on the inside from anyone that was coming. That's when two guys came into view. They were only wearing loose shorts as they stalked towards me. The looks on their faces immediately told me that these idiots were on the wrong side and were here to attack me.

They stopped about three yards away from me and smiled. They glanced at each other then back to me.

"This must be Max. Grant has told us so much about you, 'Little Killer'," one of them said with a smirk and it only grew when they saw my reaction. I haven't been called that in years.

I can't believe Grant would go that far. I was seeing red now, but I stood my ground, protecting the doorway and everyone in there. They were going to have to make the first move to get me to move an inch.

They stepped towards me and I did the same to them. Challenging them. They needed to think they at least had a chance against me, even though they were already dead men when they set foot down here.