Chapter 5 ~ Eyeless Jack

I fell asleep in the car after Mommy and I left the pageant. Winning big crowns is a tiring thing to do.

Mommy carried me to my bed and put me down. She kissed my head and left. I stood up after she closed my door, getting my pajamas.

 I stood up after she closed my door, getting my pajamas

---------------------------------------------------

I woke up at 2:17, because I heard the window open. I heard someone fall on the floor and say a bad word. "Who there?" I quietly said. The person stood up and walked over to me. The person, I think it's a man, looked at me.

"Can you fight well?" Asked a deepish voice, it was a man, I was right. I slowly nodded, I had had private lessons on fighting because once I was badly attacked by fans. "Are you handy with a knife?" He asked. I nodded again. Mommy and Daddy have given me lessons in self-defense, just in case I get attacked when mommy or daddy isn't with me.

The man had a dark blue mask with black where the eyes were supposed to be. He was wearing like some sort of hoodie. Why was this strange man asking me questions? I don't know him.

"One more question. Well, two more." He said. "One, do you have a knife in here?"

"Yes, sir," I answered, pulling the knife out from under my pillow. He nodded in approval. "Last question. What is your name?" Mr. Mask asked.

"My name is Brooklynn Riverwood. What's your name?" I said. He looked as though he was confused. "Why do you want to know my name?" He asked. "Because, at school, the teacher taught us that it is important to know is someone's name."

He shrugged and grabbed my hand. He shook it and sorta smiled. "My name is Eyeless Jack, but call me E.J. or Jack." I grinned. "You can call me Brook or Brookie. Only Mama, Jane, BEN, and Sally get to call me that. Now you can!" I excitedly said.

"Wait. You've met BEN, Sally, and Jane?" Jack asked. "Also Natalie and Jeff. I think there was a guy named like Toby with Natalie and Sally." I said.

"Well Brookie, I have to go back to the mansion. I will see you later." Jack said, hugging me. Jack jumped out my window. I ran over to the window and looked down. Jack wasn't there! How?

I shrugged it off and went back to bed, not before I safely tucked the knife back under my pillow.