Chapter 2

" You have everything right?" Parker asked in a panicked tone as he rushed around the house. I stood there at the door with my arms crossed, slightly amused at the way my father was acting.

" Yes dad, I have everything." I sighed, watching as he was trying to find his keys. His hair was a mess, his shirt wasn't buttoned up, and his collar was un-settled. It's like he had just woke up. Oh wait, he did just wake up. I couldn't believe I found him still in bed. On this day especially! I should have just had Aunt McGonagall come pick me up. This would have gone a lot quicker.

It was finally the day I got to go to Hogwarts. The best wizarding school around in my opinion. I would be lying if I were to say I was completely calm. I'm practically dying inside. Not to mention the nerve racking waves coming off dad weren't exactly helpful. If I'm being honest he looks more nervous than I do.  "Thisbe, why are you taking the owl?" My dad asked out of breath, buttoning up his shirt and finally stopping to take a look at all the luggage I'm taking. On top of the chest was Esther, a brown barn owl, sitting calmly in his cage.

I raised an eyebrow at him as if the answer was obvious. You would think even he would have some wizarding logic after a couple years. " I'm allowed to have him at school dad. So I can send letters back home ." I cleared up for him.

He slowly nodded, scrunching up his eyebrows. " Huh, I never really understood the owl mail thing. How do they know where the people are?" He asked.

" Magic."

" Oh, haha Thisbe. Get in the car. I'll get your luggage. We're late." He deadpanned at first, kissing me on the head and nudging me out the door.

I squinted my eyes, turning back to him in the doorway," Oh, so now you're rushing me, how funny. Wasn't it just minutes ago that you we're -" I started in a teasing tone before getting cut off by my father making loud odd sounds to make me stop. Rolling my eyes at how childish he can be at times, I ran a hand through my hair and walked to our car.

Opening the passenger door, I hopped in and waited for dad to get my trunk in the boot. Handing Esther to me, his cage sat in my lap as dad got into the car. " Kings Cross Station right?" He had to ask again, starting the car up and pulling out into the street.

" Yeah, Platform 9 3/4." I told him, leaning back in my seat.

"Sweetheart, there's no such thing as a 9 3/4 Platform." He glanced over. I held a small grin and shook my head at him.

" I know what I'm doing." It was a silent car ride from then on, but I didn't want it to be. This was the last hour I had with him until I wouldn't see him for a long time. We have never been so separated from each other for so long. I'm hardly out of the house and I have no friends to hang with. He was my best friend. " Hey," I tried starting a conversation," What house do you think I will get into?" I asked.

Aunt McGonagall, a current teacher at Hogwarts, had already informed me about the houses. Actually, she was the one who informed me about a lot of wizardly things. Spells, potions, dragons , and werewolves were just to start out with. Not to mention my favorite subject , Animagi. McGonagall was one and ever since I've heard of it I've always wanted to be one. Just the thought of transformation reels me in. Being able to develop another species within you.

Being snapped out of my thoughts , Dad answered " What do you mean houses?" He questioned stupidly.

I feel quite bad for him. All of this magic stuff stresses him out constantly and reminds him of mother, but he does try time to time to listen. So with a calm tone, I once again explained " The four houses of Hogwarts dad. The Slytherin , known for their boldness," I pronounced dramatically to make a fool of my self and have fun, "The Gryffindors, the brave and strong hearted ," I went off again, clenching my fist in the air. " The Ravenclaws, the intelligent , and finally the Hufflepuff , the loyal!" I exclaimed loudly. Dad broke down into laughter at how ridiculous I was being , due to the fact that I hardly speak so passionately.

" Hmm, let me think ." He thought to himself , " Well you are very bold." He spoke sarcastically , both of us knowing that I am very shy around strangers , " Oh and how brave you must be too," He went off again , making me chuckle. " To be honest , I think you'll become a Ravenclaw or Huffleduff, I can see that in you."

" It's Hufflepuff dad."

" Right , that. "

It wasn't so long after that we had made it to the large Kings Cross Station. Placing all of my things on a cart with Esther on top , we made our way through large crowds of people. There between platforms 9 and 10 , was no 9 3/4 to be found. " Thisbe, I was telling you , there's no such thing as-"

And before he could say another word, his daughter clamped onto his arm and dragged him with her as she charged towards the brick wall. I was now putting all trust in my aunt hoping I wouldn't crash into it, but to my surprise , I found myself rather unharmed. Beside me , Parker was still cringing tightly , but suddenly realized they were at a whole different place. "Please , a warning before you do that again." He whined .

" Woah," I breathed , ignoring my father and looking around . I was for once surrounded by wizards my age and excitement surged through my body. And there , stretching across the platform was the famous Red Hogwarts Express. Well , at least that's what's I've been told. Colors like red and green aren't very separate for me, I see shades but it's still difficult . Color Blindness is what it is, more like a pain in the ass.

Besides that,everything else was pleasant . Everyone hugging goodbye and climbing aboard the train , but soon did I realize I would be one of those kids. All of a sudden , I lost all of the confidence I've been trying to build up.

" Thisbe , I hope you have a wonderful time." Dad said , kissing me on my cheek and hugging me real tight.

" I don't know , maybe I shouldn't go." I started to panic.

" What ? Why! Thisbe , you've been so excited for this ever since you've heard of magic. " Dad whispered to me , kneeling slightly and taking me by the shoulders.

I shrugged and looked sheepishly at the ground ," I don't think I'm ready."

" Of course you are , you're as ready as you'll ever be . You're a Robinson, and from what I learned from your mum, you're going to be the best wizard there!" He continued to pep talk me.

It was somewhat working , because seconds later I could stop a small smile from appearing on my face. " I'll do it for mum." I told him.

He grinned back and kissed me on the forehead again. " There's my little Owl. Now go get settled on the train , I think it's getting ready to leave." He told me, giving me one more hug before pushing me towards the Express.

" Bye dad!"

"Bye love!"