Out With The Dogs

The doorbell rang and I groaned at it, turning over in bed. "I should answer that." Damon stated and I rolled my eyes at him.

"No, you should let Stefan answer it. He is up." I countered, cuddling into his chest peacefully.

"We can't hide in here forever, Mariana." Damon pointed out and I scoffed turning away from him again and he sighed at me. "I know that you want Elena back—I also know that you wanted to take Freya to see Ric yesterday until we found out about Joe not being Joe-" he started before the doorbell rang again and I groaned.

"Just go get it." I stated without any emotion and he sighed deeply, getting up from the bed and vamping around the room for his clothes before vamping out. I rolled my eyes crawling out of bed before getting clothes on and walking towards the stairs. Once I reached the top, I furrowed my eyebrows to see Beau at the door holding an envelope towards Stefan and Damon. Stefan took it before Beau walked off the porch and the door closed behind him. I rose my eyebrow buttoning up my shirt as I walked down the stairs while Damon took the letter from Stefan.

"Lily Salvatore requests your presence to celebrate our towns peaceful spirit and introduce a new friend. This evening 5:00." Damon read before scrunching the letter up and I rose my eyebrow, stepping onto the main floor. "Looks like mom raised her man crush from the dead." He added in annoyance and I smirked, crossing my arms over my chest at the news.
~~~

I tilted my head, scrambling for clothes to wear for the party tonight as I sighed at two dresses before Damon came in. "Ah, going no tie? I'm going no tie." Stefan pointed out, standing in front of the mirror that was in the room he was staying in.

"I'm going no tie." I added in amusement, still eyeing the dresses.

"Not just no tie—no going." Damon countered and I rose my eyebrow turning towards him with the two dresses in hand.

"You saw her invite. Julian's back—you're going. Which dress, black or red?" I asked raising my eyebrow at him but he ignored me.

"To watch Lily bat her eyes at her zombie douche brain boy-toy? Thanks but, I'd rather stay home and stub my toe repeatedly." Damon argued and I rolled my eyes walking back into the closet.

"You do realize that, that zombie douche brain boy-toy, is living in your house—bathing in your tub and eating your fruit loops, right?" Stefan asked smirking in amusement as he put on his jacket.

"Oh, I know. I also know that he's the love of mom's life. Mom, who convinced Kai to link Elena's life with Bonnie so I'd be miserable as I watch my girlfriend A.K.A, Elena's sister, be miserable without her for the next six plus decades." Damon shrugged, walking up behind Stefan as he examined himself in the mirror.

"What are you getting at?" Stefan asked in annoyance and I rolled my eyes walking out of the closet in the red dress.

"Julian makes her happy, Stefan. The more time they spend together, the happier she gets and the more tragic it will be in six months when I hand deliver his heart to her." I shrugged, eyeing myself in the mirror as I examined the heart shaped neckline of the dress as it also fell a inch or so above the knee, which I paired with black heels that had red soles. I put my hands on my hips, not sure about the look as I noticed both boys looking me up and down curiously. "What? Does my butt look big?" I asked in annoyance at them.

"Six months?" Stefan countered, ignoring my question as he looked back at himself in the mirror.

"Yeah—Let her get her hopes up about planning all eternity with him, maybe moving into an apartment or something by themselves to have parties and whatever and then squish. He's dead." I shrugged, pulling the heart line up and tilting my head at the dress again in curiosity.