Chapter 1

"Evelyn!" My brother, Evan, called.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm going to work and if you want to go out, donmt forget to lock the door!"

"Okay, don't worry!" I said as I walked out from my room.

"Good. If something haopened.. please call me." I nodded and with that he left to work.

My name is Evelyn Holder and I'm 18 years old who just graduated from highschool. My mom passed away because of cancer 2 years ago and as for my dad, my mom left him years ago. I never knew the reasons why she left him but I'm guessing he's an evil man?

After my mom passed away, my brother has been working so hard to keep food on the table. I worked a lot of part time job too to help. He's older than me by 5 years and he's been working in one of big companies in America. He worked in finance team.

I wish I can help him more soon, I don't want him to work hard alone. Now, I'm working at a bookstore. I love it because I can enjoy while making money.

My phone rang and it's Jenny.

"Hey, where are you?" She asked as soon as I picked up the phone.

"Come here now!" I heard Bella said.

"I'll be there in a few minutes." I ended the call. I walked into my room to grab my keys, purse and my notes and pen. I walked out from the house and locked it.

"There's the polar bear." Jenny hissed.

"Sorry, I was tired and need more sleep." I smiled and they glared at me.

"The bus is coming." Jenny said.

"Let's eat something after work." Bella said and she's the type to think about food hours before we will eat.

"I want korean food." Jenny said and Bella shook her head.

"We had it 2 days ago, let's eat something else."

"Okay you two, we will eat korean food tomorrow. How's that Jen?" I asked preventing the both of them from fighting.

"Ugh!" They liked to argue and will do it again everytime. The bus arrived and we got in. We have 6 stops before arriving at the library.

"I have Jason." Bella complained. Jason is her boyfriend, they just started dating about 5 months ago. He's a sweet guy but sometimes he's a little bit careless. Bella likes attention and she liks to get it from him but sometimes Jason ignored her without knowing. He likes her a lot and he's changing a lot for her.

As for Jenny, she just broke up with Dan a year ago. He chested on her. What an asshole?! Jenny moved on easily and she got over him so quickly. She's the type to fall in love slowy but move on really fast.

As for me, I've gad a boyfriend once when I'm in 10th grade. We dated for a year and he moved to London. He's a great guy and I'm lucky to be his first love. After he left, we never contact each other again and besides I'm not good with long distance relationship, especially when we donmt know when we will meet again.

"What did he do?" Bella asked.

"He played his games and ignored me."

"Hey.. try to understand. He's not like that everyday right?" Jenny said.

"Give him some time, maybe he's having a hard time." I patted her and she sighed nodding.

My brother suddenly called me and did I forget something? I picked up quickly.

"Hey Evan, what's up?"

"Evelyn, my company will have an event tonight and we all can bring our plus one so I want to bring you there with me. Dress up nicely and I'll pick you up at 6." He said and I turned my friends.

"A party?"

"Yeah, it's my company's anniversary. Please say yes, I don't want to.. go there alone." He begged.

"Fine, I'll come with you." Bella and Jenny looked at me with questioning eyes as my brother ended the call.

"What did he say?" Jenny asked.

"A party, I heard.." Bella smirked.

"Yeah, he wanted me to come with him to his company's party.. it's like an anniversary party."

"Oh gosh, who wouldn't want to go to Nielle's party? Do you know their one and only heir?" Bella asked and I shook my head.

"Why should I care about that?"

"You're not fun."

"It's Alexander Nielle, he's on the top of the list for the most successful CEO this year. He's handsome and-"

"Shut it, Bel." Jenny stopped her.

"Oh.. I have a good feeling tonight." Jenny said and Bella pushed her hand away.

"Last time you said that.. I tripped." Bella said and Jenny rolled her eyes.

"No.. not tonight. I have a good feeling for you, Ev."

"Only tonight?"

"Yes, tonight. Something good will happen, good energy, good everything.. I just can feel it!" Jenny and her sense. I laughed a little.

"Let's just go to work, shall we?" I said before going out from the bus. I walked to the library first and the both of them are arguing on the back.

I love my work place. It's peaceful, it's fun and I get to read my novels. I started to work when Jenny's words fill my head again.

Will tonight be my night?