Chapter Twenty Two : Glass Doll

Important Notice,

The first chapter has been re-edited please check it out and there are and will be several changes including the change of name of Mr. Alfred To Mr. Aldrick.

******

"But Your eminence, there will be King Jefferson present along with his advisors Sir Brandon and Sir Rielton." Mr. Aldrick spoke about the King and royalists of the allied kingdom.

"Hmm... I thought so. Go inform Count Darren that I will be attending his little kiddy party." Henry said.

"His daughter's birthday party, Sire. I think she is turning eighteen. May be he is arranging this event to marry her off to someone suitable." Mr. Aldrick said correcting his imagination of the Count's party as not that of a small child but his daughter who was now old enough.

"Whatever it is but tell him to handle his works assigned properly or else my sword and his head will have a little party." Henry groaned. He remembered the time that Count was head over heels to marry the girl off to him. He had found the girl nothing but annoying.

Aldrick bowed and turned around to walk away but something stopped him and he turned back to his King. He peeked over his golden rimmed glasses to see Henry slouched on the couch turning and adjusting the sides of a wooden cube game, too lost in it like a child.

"What is it now, Mr. Aldrick?" Henry asked politely without lifting his eyes from the toy.

"Nothing, Sire." He sighed and continued, "You look like the same old child when you play with it." Henry raised an amused brow at Aldrick and grinned without stopping on his play. "You want her to go with you." Mr. Aldrick dropped a candid and Henry stopped, his smile fading away.

Not getting his satisfying reply, Mr. Aldrick placed a hand on his shoulder and he nodded, "Yes." Henry tossed the cube on the couch and left the place.

Mr. Aldrick smiled and picked up the cube, "Perfect." He said eyeing the proper solved cube and placed it on the shelf.

*****

Rose sat alone in the room writing a letter to her father when the door knocked.

"It's open." She said and watched Mr. Aldrick emerging in. He stood before her and bowed. Before he could utter his words she answered politely, "No, you didn't bother me Mr. Aldrick." He smiled at her. Aldrick never usually smiled but Rose made her to. She reminded him of his own daughter.

"May I say something, Your Grace?" He asked.

She frowned, "No, Mr. Aldrick."

Aldrick nodded and glanced at the floor. "Please look at me." She ordered in a soft voice.

"It's not Your Grace or Highness. It's Rose for you." Rose said innocently making him smile again.

"You were about to say something." Rose stood up with the paper along with a book and pen in her arms.

"Yes, Rose." He continued, "You remind me of my daughter, Miranda. She lives in the kingdom nearby with her husband and has a two year old daughter."

"That is really nice, Mr. Aldrick." She said softly and it was quite astonishing as a small smile, barely there, graced her lips.

"She would be happy to meet you." He said.

"I would be too." She said suddenly and Mr. Aldrick gave a heartly laugh. Henry would be happy to see her like this, Aldrick thought.

"Ah, I forgot," Mr. Aldrick called for the maids and they brought in a beautiful dress along with accessories. A frown marred Rose' face as she looked at the materials brought in. "W-What are these for?" She asked doubtfully sensing something.