35. A Desire

A little Recap (just like many of you wanted :))-

After discovering about the fact that Ashton has been hiding his identity, that of a painter, from her while she had been pretty vocal about her life, she feels betrayed and decides to put an end to her 'friendship' with him. But his persistency doesn't let her do it as he lands up in her apartment to sort out things. He tells her about his past (no, I'm not explaining that here, lol) and asks her if she knows that he likes her or not. Very cleverly, she dodges his question and thinks of it as a joke. After a prolonged test of Ashton's patience, he decides to take matters in his hand, by kissing her.

CHAPTER – 35 (not at all proofread, bear the mistakes)

LOVE IS... A DESIRE

'Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.' – Robert Frost

The first time Ashton and I had shared a kiss, no, hell lot of kisses, was on that drunken night four months ago. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't exactly recall how those kisses had felt; courtesy my drunken state, but I remember them being a perfect distraction from my cheating ex-boyfriend.

The second time he had kissed me was at my cousin, Seth's wedding, successfully taking me off guard. However, being off guard didn't mean that I hadn't reciprocated. This time, it was not my boyfriend who had betrayed me, it was my hormones. No matter how much I tried, I couldn't forget the electrifying feeling that that kiss had ignited in me, the warmth that had filled my heart along with the confused mess that my mind had converted into. I couldn't forget the feeling of belonging in his arms. I couldn't forget how he had felt just like home.

And now, when he kissed me ever so softly, lighting the fireworks all over, I couldn't help but kiss him back. This time, it was neither the distraction from my betraying ex-boyfriend nor my deprived hormones that compelled me to kiss him back like my life depended on it; because this time, I blamed my treacherous heart; the heart, which couldn't believe that Ashton, the guy who had managed to make a permanent place in it, was kissing me, and thereby telling me that he actually liked me.

He bit my lower lip, quickly changing the soft kiss to an urgent one, and I resolved to play the blame game some time later and getting engrossed in the kiss and his manly musk fragrance that had effectively enveloped around me. His hands found their way to my back, running up and down till the curve of my hips while mine rested on his chest, caressing his toned muscles, and feeling his racing heartbeat. He pressed himself completely against me, making me melt into him, as he ran his tongue over my lips. My mouth fell open on its own accord and he slipped his eager tongue in my equally eager mouth. And that was the start of yet another round of fireworks; fireworks that I didn't want to put an end to. Thankfully, Ashton had the same opinion as he didn't stop there. His hands slipped to my hips and in a quick motion, he picked me up, making me gasp and he chuckled into the kiss. With his strong, rough hands, he wrapped my legs around his torso and walked towards the table. During this ordeal, one of my hands grabbed a fistful of his T-shirt and the other went to his amazing soft hair.

The horny Liana wanted more of Ashton, and it was bad.

The way he held me with one hand and cleaned a little part of the table with his other hand, showed that he wanted me equally bad. Contrary to his hot and bothered kiss, he handled me with care and made me sit on the table. The sound of a glass breaking made me break the kiss, much to both of our disappointment and look at the broken glass, which was right next to Ashton's feet.