Chapter 9: Beautiful Nightmare

Chapter 9

Estela thundered into Tom's rooms with a wild calmness and raging anger mixed up into one dark and dangerous storm. Each move was thunderous as she made towards him, her resentment rising as she saw the smile on his face. That smug, arrogant, triumphant smile. Except this wasn't one of his little smirks - it was wide and gleaming and darkly ferocious.

She had been hoping to make an entrance he would never forget, but the invigorating smile and the mess she was just noticing caught her off guard entirely. Around his chambers, tables and chairs were upturned, books and papers were scattered along the floor, the curtains were torn and ornaments were smashed - and there was Tom, standing in the middle of his destructive rage just grinning.

She glanced around before she raised a brow at him. "Redecorating, are we?"

The way he was standing was as calm and composed as could possibly be. He was still wearing his black travelling cloak and his hair was still swept by the wind. He considered her and as he did so his smile fell and was replaced with a calculating coldness that she was much more accustomed to.

"Everything was too pristine for my liking. I like a little chaos around me." He said smoothly.

She had to force herself to snap back to her fiery anger.

He had hurt her. He had made her feel powerless. He had scared her. And she would not stand for it.

He may be the Lord of this place, but she would bow down to no one.

She stepped towards him. "You like chaos, do you?" she asked in a low tone. "Good. Then you're going to love me."

Her hands made one sudden, powerful swipe in his direction where a pulse of power hit him squarely in the chest, and as it hit, an echoing roar of magic rattled the very air around them.

For a fleeting moment, her victory tasted sweet.

She felt everything around her turn dark as her mind was only focused on him, where he was hunched against the wall. Riddle countered wandlessly, his defence a mirror to her attack, equally charged with emotion. Their magic clashed, a vivid display of the fine line between the admiration and disdain they treaded.

She didn't care. She wanted to hurt him as much as he'd hurt her. She felt the candles around the room flicker and pulse with each step she took towards him, her powers overwhelming her, her heart racing with a deep wrath.

Tom sent a curse in her direction and she felt the frightening strength of its power race towards her, but she brushed it away and sent it crashing into the wall with a crumbling blow. He glared at her, his chest rising up and down. He hadn't expected her to be able to block it, she could see it on his face. She had him pinned in place with nothing but her magic as she stood above him, looking down in disgust.

A cold, spine tingling wind blew into the room, the sound of the torn curtains cracking and whipping as it took them in its strong grasp, the candles extinguishing into nothing but a dead puff of dark smoke.

She crouched down to his height so their gaze was level and she smiled at him chillingly. "Let me make something very clear." She said dangerously. "I will not let you treat me like some worthless servant. I will not give in to your every command. I will not let you scare me and I don't give a damn how powerful you've become. Because I want you to listen to me very carefully when I tell you that you are not my Lord and I am not one of your followers." 

She got up, looming over him forebodingly as she raised her hand again to strike. The burning blood pumping through her veins was urging her to do it - to give him what he deserved. To make him feel just half of the pain he'd put her through - not just tonight but from the moment she accepted the task to change him. She wanted him to feel the torture, fear, ache and sadness he put her through. She wanted him to understand how much he'd hurt her in so many different ways just so he'd know she wasn't weak. Pain wasn't a weakness, it was a virtue, and it had made her a stone-hearted warrior.