Read My Lips: Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I walked into the school with Jake and met Ryan and Dan by the doors like we did most days. Jake, Ryan and Dan already had the stuff that they needed so I went to my locker and got the books out I needed then threw my P.E kit bag into my locker for last lesson. P.E was definitely my favourite lesson at school, you could just relax. I don’t really know, I just enjoy it a lot. I guess with fighting a lot and having to keep fit, it makes sense really. 

“You know, we’re already 2 months into the school year and I still haven’t seen this new girl.” Jake commented as we walked around the corner and towards out tutor room. I had my attention set on him, making sure I'd catch what he had to say.

“There’s a new girl?” I asked. No one mentioned a new girl starting. There wasn’t anyone new in our tutor, or in any of my classes so I guess it makes sense not to know there was one.

“Yeah, she started in our year in September.” He replied, opening the door to our tutor room.

“I didn’t even know there was someone new in the school never mind our year. Guess I’ll have to find out who she is if you know what I mean.” Dan winked, a smirk making its way onto his face.

“You can’t go after every girl, especially the new ones.” Ryan sighed, shaking his head at him.

“What? Why not?” Dan demanded, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Well; 1, not every girl is going to like you and 2, she’s new. Why go after the new girl?” Ryan sighed, again.

“Because she won’t know that everyone’s scared of us and she won’t know my reputation, durr.” He said sarcastically. As I said before, he’s such a man whore.

“You’re so egoistic.” Jake muttered.

“I am not. I’m a male. I have my needs.” Dan shot back, making Ryan and I laugh.

“Dude, you know yourself you don’t care about the girls as long as you’re getting some.” I smirked at him.

“Oh, shut up, Zach.” He snapped only making me laugh more. It was so fun teasing him.

Tutor and first lesson went by pretty quick. The next lesson I had was English. Great. I hate English, it’s so boring, who even cares what the meaning of a quote from a poem or book is? No one. I  bet the teachers even making it up, I mean, I bet the person who even wrote the poem didn’t even mean the reason the teachers say.

Once the first four lessons were over, I met up with Ryan, Jake and Dan again.

“How about going to the café? I’m hungry.” Ryan said, slamming his locker shut.

“Of course you are,” I said, rolling my eyes. When wasn’t he hungry? He ate like a pig but never put on weight. The perks of fast metabolism. “Let’s go then.”

We walked down through the science wing, down the stairs and through the hallway that lead to the cafeteria. The hallway that leads down the side near the doors was packed with people blocking it so we had to push past them. Not that that was a problem, people moved for us anyway.

Once Ryan bought the food that he wanted; we walked out to find a table. Most of them were full because a lot of people came down here as soon as the bell went, whereas a lot would wait until later so it was emptier. Normally, we done that, but Ryan been Ryan had to come down straight away for food. Some people were snickering and pointing at someone at the back of the hall. I looked to where they were pointing to see a girl sat there all alone. I couldn’t see her face since she was sat with her back to me. If there’s one thing I hated the most, it’s definitely bullying.