Chapter 17

When I got out of the dressing room, I had on a new hat that shielded me from the sun as well as some new glasses. There was just so much to choose from and I didn't know what to pick. I think Alien Flower would've liked this, and so I put everything back down and I walked out of the dressing room.
Rose sighed when she saw me.
"How could you not try anything on?" She asked, and she floated towards me, her face was glum as she started stroking my petals.
"I'm just not in the mood for any of this." I shook my head, and then I led the way to what appeared to be a portal with some control panel thing to the side. Rose was right behind me, and I was sort of annoyed that she was sticking annoyingly close to me since we met. She was always around, and I don't think I minded at first but since she was unwilling to go back in time to save Aliwm Flower and the others maybe that's what had me so annoyed.
I turned to face her, and she smiled. She was playing with the fur on the hem of her new cape, and she w a bed her wand around.
"There's actually-"
"Can I get some time to myself?" I asked, not regretting the spite in my voice as I spoke.
Rose looked taken aback as I said this, and her smirk dissipated as she nodded her head. Then she floated off in some direction alone, because no one else was around. I sighed in relief, and then I started making my way around the backyard. Filled with vibrant greens and pinks and blues and all colors you could imagine. Even the dandelions were pretty but they smiled at me and then they walked away.
I started climbing the tree house to get to the top, and maybe I could see Citrus when I got up there but when I did she wasn't anywhere in sight. It must be too lonely up here, I know I felt lonely... but the air was nice, and the sun was setting in the distance causing the clouds north from me to be pink and purple, as the orange sun was sitting on the horizon staring back at me. I could feel it's energy feeding me, and I felt full, and there was also a soft mist descending from the sky. Like rain, but it was a gentle spray than it was raining cats and dogs but it was still fresh and beautiful, and the air was crisp all around me as I breathed it in.
I sat down on the porch, with my legs dangling beneath me as I looked out onto Zomburbia. Knowing that the rest of the world might have been overrun by zombies, but in this backyard.. on top of this tree house. I felt like nothing could stop me, like I could do anything by myself even though I was a only a Sunflower and we may not have been the strongest but I felt like I was strong.
It was so nice to be alone, and I kicked my legs back and forth, as I looked down at the ground. I could see the Dandelions running through the backyard and exiting, and I could see Penny parked over on the left by the garage, and I could even see Rose as she was still by the dressing room, coming out in new clothes. This time she came out in a peacock feathers hat, with a white glove and Res cape. She also had on these nerd glasses, and she must've felt content with the way she looked because she finally left the dressing room and walked away. But I could see no one else because everyone else was most likely inside, and it was fine by me.
"Hello." Said a voice, and I turned around to see that Citrus was walking from out of the house.
I smiled at her, and I beckoned her to sit next to me. She didn't though, she just stood there with her hands folded and stared at me.
"Well it's beautiful isn't it?" I smiled and I pointed at the sky, and she nodded, and took a few steps towards me, but still behind me.
"I was up here, just sniping." Citrus said. "I just saw some zombies in the distance and I figured why not."
"Have you heard from the others?" I asked.
"No.." she muttered. "I was up here."
She was right, and that was a pretty stupid question.
I got up from the floor, and I stood before Citrus, she was a lot taller than me and I smiled at her.
The wind was slowly picking up as we started talking about ourselves, mostly me since Citrus was still beginning to open up to me. At least me because she wouldn't talk to anyone else.
I told her about the first time the zombie apocalypse happened, and how I lost my friend Cactus from the building crashing and a zpg hit her in the face. All leading to this moment now with Pea and Chomp, and KC and Rose and Citron and how I couldn't believe we lost so many plants. At first I thought it was a pretty happy conversation, not happy like we were laughing but just talking about memories that were pretty good, until we started getting into the deaths of everyone and I realized it wasn't all that happy to talk about. But there was still some pleasure in reminiscing about everyone.
But then the wind started picking up even more.
"We should get down." I concurred, and Citrus nodded her head, and we were making our way to the door until I felt my petals list up from the porch and fly back.
"Ahhh!" I screamed, and I grabbed onto the bottom of the floor, while the rest of my body was hanging off of the tree house.
"Don't worry I got you!" Citrus screamed, and she lunged towards me and grabbed my hand. Her hands were prickly, and they weren't very comfortable to hold on to.
"Pull me up!" I moaned, as the wind was pushing me around, and I could see Citrus sliding off the end of the porch.
She was groaning as she attempted to pull me up, but I was only pulling her down, and I looked below. No one was there, no one was around to help us.
"Let me go!" I screamed. "Save yourself!"
But Citrus just shook her head. "I can't lose someone else I care about!"
The wind was roaring all around us, and the clouds above we're accumulating and darkening, and suddenly I was falling with Citrus right behind me. But she pulled me into a prickly embrace, and spun around so that she was the one that got full impact when we crashed into the floor.
The lights went out, and I felt stabbing sensations throughout my body and in my right eye.
Everything was dark.