2.7

It took only a few days, but Louis was completely moved out of his aunt's house and his aunt was completely moved to Doncaster.

Louis wanted to see his mum for Christmas but he especially wanted to spend it with Harry, who promised him a getaway trip.

So, Louis packed another bag, filling it with sweaters, his lucky Santa hat, and a few surprises for Harry before zipping it up, cheeks scarlet.

He took the bag to Harry's car and they told Harry's mother goodbye before heading off. Harry drove them out of the rural part of Doncaster and out into the huge city, grinning as Louis looked up at all the tall buildings. He'd come here often with his aunt to do holiday shopping but they hadn't came this year.

Harry pulled into the lot of a hotel and turned off the car. "Okay, we'll be staying here but I'm taking you to do different things while we're here. It's my Christmas present from my mum."

Louis grinned and nodded, excited for this time with Harry. "Okay. That sounds perfect."

Harry grabbed Louis's hand, a fond smile on his face. "Okay, love. Let's go."

~~~

Louis woke up the following morning feeling extremely giddy. They'd spent the entire afternoon and night of the previous day watching Netflix but today was his birthday and Harry promised him a day of fun.

Harry was still asleep so Louis wiggled from the lad's grip and wandered into the kitchen, where he found eggs in the refrigerator.

Louis was a shit cook but he was hungry and didn't want to order room service that he wasn't paying for. He began to make a small batch of fried eggs.

He was on his final one (he'd burned only one out of five) when there was a press of wet lips on his neck. He jumped, nearly cutting the egg open and turned to glare at a laughing Harry but was met with lips, immediately giving in to the sweet taste of mint and Harry.

"Brushed your teeth already," Louis mumbled, laughing softly as he pulled away.

"And you didn't," Harry fired back, leaving a trail of kisses from Louis's ear to his neck. "Why are you making breakfast, baby? It's your birthday, not mine."

"I was hungry and you were lazy," Louis sassed, scooping the last egg onto Harry's plate. "Move now, so I can make tea."

"I'll order some. You know theirs will taste way better that the crappy tea they'll have in the cabinets. I'll order Yorkshire."

Louis smile fondly as Harry picked up the service phone and ordered Louis's tea the way he liked it, along with a black coffee for himself.

It took barely five minutes for it to arrive on a tray, along with a complimentary plate of toast, which Harry added to their plates.

They sat together at the small table and Harry sang happy birthday really loudly before digging into his breakfast.

~~~

The snow was falling heavily around then as they walked through the park. There were lines and chips on the iced-over pond where kids had been skating previously, but it was Christmas Eve, so no one was out.

Harry guided them around the park, swinging their hands as they just talked.

They talked about random- but important- little things, like what they were like when they were younger compared to now, what they wanted to do after high school, and even about Ed and how close he and Louis used to be.

"Do you miss him?" Harry asked as they stopped walking in front a large oak tree, standing right beside it.

"Yes, of course. He was my best friend. I told him everything, Harry, and he ditched me because I had a crush on him," Louis mumbled.