is (bonus)

*a few years later*

"mikey baby wake up" luke said softly, trying his best not to anger his fiancé at 6 am in the morning.

the boy groaned and turned around, facing the opposite of luke.

he sighed and tried it again. "mikey, come on you have to get up before the gates open."

they decided, as they were now both in their mid-twenties, they wanted to get away for the holidays this year. so luke suggested that they go to disneyland. of course, michael would never turn that down.

he huffed and slowly pushed himself up from the bed. although he was tired, he wanted to be one of the first ones in line.

luke smiled over at him. "good morning lovely."

michael rolled his eyes and grumbled. he was never, ever a morning person (with the exception of christmas morning) and he would continue to not ever, ever be a morning person.

however, he managed a smile at his lover as he rose from the warm confines of the bed to take a shower.

michael was never really sure when it was that he decided he needed to grow up. but sometime after he had met luke, he started to change a little. over the years, he's matured plenty and finally understood what luke meant when he said that they were more than just friends.

sure, he had always loved luke. but within the past few years, they began to love each other in a completely different way. with the maturity he gained, he also took over half of his dad's business, which was pretty large. when his dad retired, he would take over fully.

but for now, michael and luke got to travel around the world with nobody but each other. they were all the company they needed.

less than an hour later, the two boys stood waiting in line for the gates to open with hands clasped together. when they finally opened, michael was absolutely ecstatic.

after their cards were checked, he dragged luke across main street, eager to finally get the day started.

"slow down there princess" luke chuckled. "we have all day, plus two more days."

"i know" michael replied. he rubbed his thumb over the skin on luke's hand. "i just can't wait to spend it with you."

luke smiled at his comment, still completely love-struck by the boy. he let himself get pulled towards adventureland and straight to indiana jones, michael's current favorite ride.

they walked through the long, empty line and into the building, where only a few people stood waiting.

"mikey" luke nudged him.

"yeah?" he replied, looking up to the tall boy.

"do you still believe in santa?" he asked in a whisper. over the years, he always wondered but never got the courage to ask. perhaps he was afraid of the answer because he was selfish enough to want to keep michael all to himself.

michael thought about it for a moment. his eyes glanced down before looking at him again.

"i don't really know i guess, i'll have to think about it a little more."

they were next to get on the ride, strapping themselves in the truck and waiting for it to go. when it finally moved, michael was already too deep in thought to notice.

he really thought about it, wondering to himself if the man was ever really real at all. he seemed real, yet there were so many things that made michael think twice about it. then, he decided he was thinking too hard, and decided on an answer, not realizing the ride was already halfway over.

but when he turned to luke to tell him his answer, luke was not there.

A/N: happy new year :-)

another bonus chapter should be up by tomorrow!